UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Cerro Kishtwar, Lama, Burdet, Siegrist and Team

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Feb 2012
Stefan Siegrist on pitch 8 of Yoniverse, Cerro Kishtwar, 4 kbLast Autumn an international team of David Lama, Denis Burdet, Stephan Siegrist and Robert Frost made the second ascent of Cerro Kishtwar (6155m), Kashmir, India.

Here's the video...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66831

Puppythedog 21 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: I pour over the videos on here, I watch them all and enjoy them all. I have never criticised one of the videos ( I think) and I never mind the differing styles r editing options shown in the VIdeos.
This video just irked me, not enough of the actual mountaineering, that voice over grated and the video was too 'whatever it was that irritated me enough to move me to post'.

Of course it may be me being grumpier than usual with a bad back but I think it was pap.
 Robert Durran 21 Feb 2012
In reply to puppythedog:
> This video just irked me.

I actually thought it was a really good little video, especially the unusual long zoom shots giving a great sense of scale. Just wished there had been more of it.

However, the commentary was very irritating and commercially orientated. "Peak project", my arse - is that what most people call a hit list?
 Puppythedog 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Robert Durran: Perhaps that's what was irritating the commercial nonsense. I would have enjoyed watching a twenty minute video of them climbing and rigging belays and getting to the peak etc but I couldn't stomach the actual video.
 The Bushman 21 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: Extremely annoying narrator/voice
 Robert Durran 21 Feb 2012
In reply to puppythedog:
> (In reply to Robert Durran) Perhaps that's what was irritating the commercial nonsense.

Apparently they are Mammut Proteam Athletes on the Biggest Peak Project in History! Who on earth makes this bollocks up?
Having just watched it again, yes, the editing is a irritating - always cutting a shot before you've properly taken it in.
 Puppythedog 21 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: Shame because it could have been a good story well told which would have inspired me to dream some more about the Alpine and Winter Climbing I will eventually be able to afford to do. you would think with a 6+ thousand metre peak there would be enough footage to allow ou a moment to take in the scenery
 Damo 21 Feb 2012
In reply:

Agreed about the narration. I saw this a few days ago and sent it to a few UK contacts who climbed in the area in the 80s.

It was more interesting for the fact that this is a spectacular area that used to see a lot of hard climbing, particularly by British expeditions, but has been virtually off-limits for most of the last two decades.

So I was more interested in the panorama shots - which were too brief - and the state of the mountain, which looked surprisingly snowy, compared to older pics.
 Nathan Adam 21 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: Most of Mammuts edits are the same with these short and sharp edits. I find that Petzl and Patagonia have got lots of good long footage and some impressive shots !
 Alan Breck 22 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: I really looked forward to this video as it's an area that I've been in. Must admit that I was pretty disappointed. Mammut could have made so much of the climb and the area. As it is though it's pretty dire.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...