UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Tim Emmett talks about Spray On

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Feb 2012
Tim Emmett, 4 kbIn this video UKC get the lowdown from Tim Emmett on his ascent of Spray On... Top!

Tim was spending a few days in Cogne where he also onsighted the crux M11 second pitch of Jedi Master...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66927

TobyA 28 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: Very smooth bit of ice climbing going on in the background of Tim's wittertainment.
ice.solo 28 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News:

awesome all round.

TEs so enthusiastic. i wonder if hes payed by the superlative?
 TobyA 29 Feb 2012
In reply to ice.solo: He's adopting the American climbers' tick of putting super- in front of everything. Super-cool, super-hard, super-psyched. It's one of those annoying things that once you've first spotted it, you can't help notice it everywhere. And its fine once in while but listening to some American climbers and super is every fourth word. It's like about 6 years ago when the BBC seemed to stop talking about soldiers and only discuss "boots on the ground". Argggghhhhhhh.

But the ice climbing is super-cool. I wish I could climb that smoothly and confidently! The ice does seem very user-friendly though, lots of first time placements.
 Henry Iddon 29 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:

He is married to a Canadian so maybe blame the 'Mrs'
 Doug 29 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to ice.solo) He's adopting the American climbers' tick of putting super- in front of everything. Super-cool, super-hard, super-psyched. It's one of those annoying things that once you've first spotted it, you can't help notice it everywhere. And its fine once in while but listening to some American climbers and super is every fourth word. It's like about 6 years ago when the BBC seemed to stop talking about soldiers and only discuss "boots on the ground". Argggghhhhhhh.
>
Agreed, far too many 'super' & 'cool'

Nice video though
 Jackwd 29 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: Wish I had 1% of the psych he's got. Nice guy!
 TobyA 29 Feb 2012
In reply to Doug:

> Agreed, far too many 'super' & 'cool'

Although folks I know who have climbed with Tim say he completely lives up to his rep for being a bouncing ball of fun and 'psyche' who tends to pull others up with him by the shear energy of his enthusiasm!

Tim Emmett really is that enthusiastic. It's great. "Super" cool guy!
 Henry Iddon 29 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:

Tim is the worlds only Kinetic Man ! The more he moves the more energy he creates and so on and so on...
 gethin_allen 29 Feb 2012
In reply to Jackwd:
> (In reply to UKC News) Wish I had 1% of the psych he's got. Nice guy!

looking at the climbing he's done I wish I had just 1% of the climbing skills he has.
His ratio of strikes to good sticks is incredible, 9/10 good first time. must be the axes he's using.
 Henry Iddon 01 Mar 2012
In reply to gethin_allen:

He certainly keeps 'em sharp - http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=888

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...