UKC

NEWS: VIDEO/PHOTOS: Chamonix World Cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Jul 2011
Austrian Angela Eiter lowering off happy after successfully topping out on the final route., 3 kbThe first round of the 2011 Lead World Cup was held in Chamonix, France on the 12th and 13th of July.

Jakob Schubert of Austria won the men's competition. Four climbers were in joint first place in the women's: Caroline Ciavaldini of France, Angela Eiter of Austria, Jain Kim of Korea and Mina Markovic of Slovenia. They all topped out on the final route.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=63064

standard 15 Jul 2011
how on earth did Jakob climb with that awful music?
 jacobjlloyd 15 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: wa thinking the same thing - what a distracting situation! And the spotlight throwing those defined shadows over everything, would add a bit to finding footholds. Like climbing with a headtorch. Do these top climbers train in a distracting environment I wonder, to prepare?
 Paul1 17 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Great end to a rainy rest day in cham!
The music was much better for most of the other climbs, just bad timing for the winner.
0Unknown0 17 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: do you have to clip every runner in competition?
 Fraser 18 Jul 2011
In reply to Dominicandave:
> (In reply to UKC News) do you have to clip every runner in competition?

Yes, in sequence too I believe.

Very impressive stuff, but I'd like to have seen it from some other angles too.
 jon 18 Jul 2011
In reply to Fraser:
> (In reply to Dominicandave)
> Very impressive stuff, but I'd like to have seen it from some other angles too.

I thought it looked one of the least inspiring looking walls I've ever seen, as I drove past it the other day, so I doubt if that would have helped!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...