UKC

NEWS: VIDEOS: Interesting Climbing Areas - Turkey & Slovakia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Jan 2012
Climbing in Slovakia, 4 kbRecently we came across a couple of videos of interesting climbing areas, a little off the beaten track...

Have you ever climbed at Stakes in Turkey? And what about Slovakia?

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65835

Mr Lopez 03 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News:

> If you know of any videos of interesting or unheard of areas, post the links on the forum thread!

Macedonia? vimeo.com/22292202
 Ben1983 03 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News:
I've been ice-climbing in Slovakia. There's a gorge in the hills south of the tatras with some single pitch stuff, and some longer, much better falls on the north-facing side of the valley on the polish border towards the east of the range.
 petellis 03 Jan 2012
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Have you been? Looks pretty magic and you get to go somewhere a bit more whacky than font...
 jamie ward 05 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: Based out in Cyprus with the Armed Forces getting to the Ala Dag from here was straight forward and cheap,we stayed with Recep and his wife (And Dogs) the guy in the Video for the week and had an awesome time,no body else about fantastic scenery and brill climbing.You could easy go there for a week and sport climb,however their is top class mountaineering on offer,we did the south face of the Parmakkaya (Finger Rock)Full description in UKC Logbook and some big trad routes in the Cimbar Gorge,I'm gonna right up my trip report and share it when I get my finger out and finish it,I have also posted some photos on UKC if you want to have a look,If you have any Questions drop us a line!
 JLS 05 Jan 2012
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Great video, thanks for the link.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...