UKC

ARTICLE: Jenya Kazbekova - A Climbing Heritage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 29 Jul 2020
Jenya Kazbekova

Jan Virt takes a look at the life of a rising competition climbing star with a rich climbing heritage: Jenya Kazbekova.

In the increasingly popular world of competitive climbing, it is easy to get lost in the crowd, and rising to the top of the professional climbing world is a daunting task. The landscape is colourful and vast, and certain names are synonymous with the sport. There is the climbing prodigy known as Alex Megos, with his killer surfer looks seen more often at the sun-kissed coast of California than in Bavaria. Next, there is Ashima Shiraishi, who pushed through the climbing crowd not long after touching Rat Rock in New York City's Central Park for the first time. Then there is the young Ukrainian Jenya Kazbekova, a rising star with an ever-present smile and a deep pedigree in the sport of competitive climbing.

Read more
 mrmoe17 29 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Nice article 

pwhitmarsh 31 Jul 2020

Enjoyed reading this. Always nice to find out a bit more about the background of some of the pros. Would love to see an interview with her if you ever go back to the podcast/YouTube format that you've been doing (which was great by the way!).

The Moscow event is going to be so intense. So many great climbers with a shot to qualify. It feels like Jenya, Stasa Gejo or maybe Sandra Lettner would be the favourites, but who knows!

Etta 02 Aug 2020

I have to say I liked her from the first time I have seen her climb at IFSC events. She seems super focused, I like her style of climbing and she's definitely a warrior. Following her on social media, she also seems a genuinely nice person. I wish her all the best and can't wait to see her competing again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...