UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: What's New? ISPO 2015: Climbing Hardware Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 19 Feb 2015
ISPO 2015, 3 kbThe team from UKC were recently at the giant trade show of ISPO in Munich. We saw a lot of products, drank a little bit of German beer, chatted about climbing with as many people as we could find, and we made a few videos too.

In this, our first of three reports, we show you videos and the odd photo of some of the new climbing products that are hitting the shops either right now or very soon. There's some sexy looking gear on its way - some of it we have already tested on UKC, and some of it we will be testing later this year, but for now watch the videos and make your own mind up - what's hot and what's not?

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=7098

Lil_Pete 19 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Whilst I do like the Petzl Lanyard as a work solution for Sport Climbing, I can't see an easy and convenient way to hold the tail, you either put the adjuster at the end of the lanyard and have a long loop hanging down or you shove the adjuster close to the connection point and have a long tail you have to loop up and around, surely?
 nufkin 19 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Nice product commitment from Stevie Haston - '…a little bit pricey, possibly - I've got no idea.'
In reply to UKC Gear:

I can see a lot of sense in the design of that BD Snaggletooth crampon.
 JayPee630 19 Feb 2015
In reply to nufkin:

Yes, he's a rubbish front for videos explaining products. Some of the previous one's he's done have been terrible.
 Aigen 19 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Finally. A harness with 5 gear loops, ice clipper slots, fixed leg loops and light weight. Thanks DMM.
 Aigen 19 Feb 2015
In reply to galpinos:

thanks for the heads up. this must be a new release. better gear loops than the dmm as the dmm ones seem the same as the petyl hirundos which i have now. the back 2 gear loops cause the gear to get bunched up.
In reply to nufkin:

I did like that comment, had to try my hardest not to laugh when he said it - ironically it wasn't even that expensive!
 Pete Potter 22 Feb 2015
In reply to Aigen:

I just hope they have looked at the geometry of the harnesses, I know a number of people who have bought DMM harnesses because the look good but find them really uncomfortable, in particular women.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...