UKC

NEWS: Wideboys USA: Whittaker and Randall in Vedauwoo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Sep 2011
Pete Whittaker and Tom Randall, unleashed and unhinged in Vedauwoo, 4 kbOh no.... They somehow managed to get through customs and find their way to a crag...

America is a big place, but is it big enough for Pete Whittaker and Tom Randall?

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64314

kelvin 30 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: love the diy job on his trouser lol
 TobyA 30 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: The onsight of Lucille is really big news - but someone took the thread away about it mid week? Anyway, I said it then - Whittaker and Randall have given the Americans a fantastic response to the grit rampage of 'Team America' a couple of years back. Well done to Pete and Tom - what an amazing tick list!

We all want and expect an onsight and a flash of Bellyful... now!
 Brendan 30 Sep 2011
In reply to TobyA: I wonder if they're going to try Century Crack...
 royal 30 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Top news. Anyone know what the yank forums are? is anyone over there talking about it?
 jon 30 Sep 2011
In reply to royal:

http://www.supertopo.com/climbers-forum/1608296/UK-Offwidth-boys-in-USA

Started off with this:

> British Offwidthers. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Now they're a bit more impressed...
In reply to UKC News: This is not my idea of a holiday!! Lucille looks f*cking horrible!!

Awesome effort, and as said before a brilliant antidote to Team America's Grit Trip...

Good luck in the rest of your trip guys.

DafSWMC 01 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

I hope a great video is going to come from this trip!
 poeticshambles 01 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: The phrase "Team America" for their holiday over here really irks me for some reason, not sure why as I quite like Honnold and Segal and was impressed by what they did.

Anyway, it's great reading about the lads smashing the states and enjoying themselves whilst they do it.

Keep up the good work fellas.
 Calder 01 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Mega!

I dabbled in offwidths at the start of the year and failed tres badly - is there a knack or is it just persistance and stubbornness?!!

Respect to these guys.
In reply to poeticshambles: Well it was a team of americans!! Not meant in a negative way, there trip was brilliant, its just good to show that British climbing isn't totally crap!!

DC
 Quiddity 01 Oct 2011
In reply to Calder:

> I dabbled in offwidths at the start of the year and failed tres badly - is there a knack or is it just persistance and stubbornness?!!

A little from column A, a little from column B I suspect

Awesome effort Tom & Pete, can't wait to see how you get on on Belly Full of Bad Berries. Hope it's going to be possible to watch on video.
 thermal_t 01 Oct 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell:
> (In reply to UKC News) This is not my idea of a holiday!! Lucille looks f*cking horrible!!
>
> Awesome effort, and as said before a brilliant antidote to Team America's Grit Trip...
>
> Good luck in the rest of your trip guys.

You're not wrong, I tend to avoid holidays that result in the loss of most of my skin! It takes all sorts I guess. Good effort on their behalf, all those routes look hideous!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...