UKC

NEWS: Wild Country Supporting BMC Crag Care Fund

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 22 Jan 2009
Well known hardware company Wild Country have recently pledged a percentage of turnover to the BMC Crag Care Fund. 2% of turnover from bouldering equipment sales will go to the BMC.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=01&year=2009#n45565
 JTatts 22 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

I'm not being funny but what exactly do Wild Country make that will qualify under 'Bouldering turnover'. Please correct me but this looks like a P.R stunt that will result in Wild Country giving a tiny amount of money to the BMC.
 gingerdave13 22 Jan 2009
In reply to JTatts:

you don't get owt for nowt.

ok so it's small but they're supporting it aren't they?
 PTatts 22 Jan 2009
In reply to JTatts:
Totally agree, a quick scan of their website and it appears they'll give 2% from their sales of chalk balls. Anyone out there actually bought a chalk ball from WC? A meaningless PR stunt.
 craig d 22 Jan 2009
In reply to PTatts:

They sell pads, Chalk buckets, and rock shoes. What else do you need to boulder??
 PTatts 22 Jan 2009
In reply to craig d:
I'd love to be proved wrong and have respect for this initiative but a search of their website comes up with no pads, only small(ish) chalk bags (I know you can use any size chalkbag to boulder with but I'd place money that they won't be putting 2% of chalkbag sales into this). Granted they sell rock shoes but I'd place money... etc.
 The brainn 22 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: I can't believe you get away with this pissh
 JTatts 22 Jan 2009
In reply to craig d:

I'm not so sure about the rock boots and bouldering mats, does the Red Chilli brand count in this agreement? Being cynical I would say that it doesn't include Red Chilli but I would love to be proved wrong.
 Simon 22 Jan 2009
In reply to The brainn:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC) I can't believe you get away with this pissh

Pissh?

You don't think its a good thing that WC are helping towards crag care?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...