UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Black Diamond Half Dome Helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 23 May 2019
Half Dome action 4 BD helmets provide reliable protection for everything from fast-and-light alpine blitzes to month-long cragging road trips. As BD athletes keep pushing their climbing every day – we see it as our take to provide tools that help them stay safe! This season we've updated and relaunched our classic Half Dome Helmet which offers now a new low-profile suspension, updated outer shell and a secure, streamlined headlamp clip! This is why we are giving away one Half Dome Men's Helmet and one Women's Version! 

Read more
 TobyA 23 May 2019
In reply to UKC Articles:

Am I being thick or in the photo above and in most of the photos in the article are those NOT Half Dome helmets? They're not the same as in the product shots at the bottom, nor do they look like the older version of the Half Dome. I think they are all Vapour helmets aren't they? Seems odd in product press release to have the wrong product in half the photos.

In reply to TobyA:

If I said we'd left those in there just to see if anyone noticed, would you believe me?

The answer in this case is simply we published what we were sent. I'm aware that brands often find it quite difficult to get the relevant imagery, particularly of helmets, as many members of their sponsored team climb without them. Furthermore, if those members did indeed they did wear one, it would likely be the lightest within their range (which is indeed the Vapour).

So in short, you're quite right: it is indeed the Vapour, and a little strange, but we've got what we've got and if you enter you'll win a nice new Half Dome...

subtle 23 May 2019
In reply to TobyA:

> Am I being thick or in the photo above and in most of the photos in the article are those NOT Half Dome helmets? They're not the same as in the product shots at the bottom, nor do they look like the older version of the Half Dome. I think they are all Vapour helmets aren't they? Seems odd in product press release to have the wrong product in half the photos.

Helmet geek!

TobyA 23 May 2019
In reply to subtle:

> Helmet geek!

Absolutely. I do like a good helmet, me.

Deadeye 23 May 2019
In reply to TobyA:

Winner!

steviestarship 25 May 2019

TobyA deserves a prize just for noticing that detail.

Top spot!

Sometimes when climbing, I like to cross dress. Can I enter both the male and female categories please? 

deepsoup 25 May 2019

> This is why we are giving away one Half Dome Men's Helmet and one Women's Version! 

Cool.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...