UKC

/ COMPETITION: Win a Montane Ultra Alpine 38 +5 pack.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
UKC Articles - on 12 Apr 2018
, 3 kbBe in with a chance to win this technical lightweight pack co-designed by Andy Kirkpatrick worth £150

Read more
aln - on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

What's an "insertion hike"? 

Luke90 on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to aln:

I read it as referring to big walk ins where you need the pack to temporarily carry extra gear that you'll then stash before starting the actual climb.

aln - on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to Luke90:

That makes sense. 

olddirtydoggy - on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to aln:

It's where you abseil out of your attack helicopter as it hovers above the cross on the floor and go for a hike.

Dell on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> It's where you abseil out of your attack helicopter as it hovers above the cross on the floor and go for a hike.

That's what I'd pictured too.

Covert insertion under cover of darkness > assault the target using nightvision goggles and air support > kill the terrorist head honcho > release the hostages > go and climb a 3 pitch VS, but DNF because Dave got pumped after reaching the second belay stance after losing blood from that enemy grenade > sack it off and go  to the pub. 

aln - on 12 Apr 2018

I think I like that idea more. 

Misha - on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to Dell:

> That's what I'd pictured too.

>   under cover of darkness... go to the pub. 

Fixed that for you.

simoninger on 13 Apr 2018

Abseil? Rap, if you please.

Dell on 13 Apr 2018
In reply to Misha:

Now poor Dave hasn't got any scars to show off to the barmaid with the big jugs. 

olddirtydoggy - on 13 Apr 2018
In reply to simoninger:

u wot mate?

simoninger on 13 Apr 2018

Just playing on the idea that anyone who says “insertion hike” is more likely to say “rap” (like them damn Yankees) than “abseil” - nowt personal!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.