UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Thermarest Oberon Sleeping Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Oberon Lifestyle, 4 kbFor over 45 years, Therm-a-Rest has been committed to creating a better way to camp – from technical camping mattresses to sleeping bags, cots, hammocks, tents and more. The brand is offering a new line of Fast & Light sleeping bags in 2018. Built with premium materials and Responsible Down Standard fill, the new bags will allow explorers to rest better while pushing deeper into the backcountry.

Read more
 MischaHY 03 Sep 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

It's worth pointing out for any prospective buyer that the comfort rating is actually -10 degrees, not -18 degrees - that is the comfort limit, i.e. the absolute coldest you'd want to be using the bag in, and not a temperature you'd necessarily be comfortable in anymore. 

galpinos 03 Sep 2018
In reply to MischaHY:

> It's worth pointing out for any prospective female buyer that the comfort rating is actually -10 degrees, not -18 degrees - that is the comfort limit, i.e. the absolute coldest you'd want to be using the bag in, and not a temperature you'd necessarily be comfortable in anymore. 

I've added a word in there. Comfort temp is for a "standard women", Comfort Limit Temp is for a "standard man". I'm not sure whether I'm standard enough though....... According to Dr Down:

• Comfort temperature. This is where a ‘standard woman’ with relaxed posture is just not feeling cold. If you’re an average woman this is the temperature rating that you should probably pay most attention to.
  • Limit temperature – This is where a ‘standard man’ with curled up posture is just not feeling cold. If you’re an average bloke this is the number that you should perhaps pay the most attention to, and it is the number which most shops and brands make the biggest deal out of.
  • Extreme temperature – This is where risk of health damage to a ‘standard woman’ by hypothermia occurs. This one can basically be ignored unless you have a masochistic bent.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/features/buying_a_sleeping_bag_part_1_t... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...