UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Wild Country Mosquito Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 09 Aug 2021

Superlight, superfly –  the Mosquito is an extremely lightweight, minimalistic, high-end sport climbing harness that weighs just 220 grams. Here's your chance to win one...    

Read more

Suncream 09 Aug 2021
In reply to UKC Articles:

The question is about the weight for medium but the article gives the weight for XS. Is this a mistake?

Pedro50 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Suncream:

It's a competition - go figure! 

In reply to Suncream:

> The question is about the weight for medium but the article gives the weight for XS. Is this a mistake?

Without wishing to give the answer away, I can confirm that this was not a mistake.

henwardian 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

> It's a competition - go* figure! 

* "Without wishing to give away the answer", I suspect that Wild Country would like you to spend 3 minutes with google rather than the customary 15 seconds with ctrl+f. I imagine the increased traffic helps them climb the google results ranking system.

Is this the start of things to come? Will future competitions require research to answer? At what point will the effort required to find the answer make too many people ignore the competition? Will the value of the prize affect this? Food for thought

Pedro50 09 Aug 2021
In reply to henwardian:

> * "Without wishing to give away the answer", I suspect that Wild Country would like you to spend 3 minutes with google rather than the customary 15 seconds with ctrl+f. 

Many thanks for your unneeded advice

henwardian 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

> Many thanks for your unneeded advice

Oh, it wasn't really aimed at you, it was aimed at Suncream, it's just I wanted to asterisk the "go" so I quoted your post. But you are welcome at any rate

Pedro50 09 Aug 2021
In reply to henwardian:

No worries, it seems reasonable that having to to the prize givers website makes sense.

In reply to henwardian:

> Is this the start of things to come? Will future competitions require research to answer? At what point will the effort required to find the answer make too many people ignore the competition? Will the value of the prize affect this? Food for thought

I don't think this is anything new - it's certainly been happening since I started in 2014 (and I suspect it was fairly standard practise before that too).

henwardian 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> I don't think this is anything new - it's certainly been happening since I started in 2014 (and I suspect it was fairly standard practise before that too).

Hmm, I'm sure I miss a lot of these competitions but I don't remember ever entering one before where the answer wasn't either in the text on the page or in a video on the page. Maybe I did and I've just forgotten.

It wasn't meant as a complaint, just idle musing really.

AshleyLong 10 Aug 2021
In reply to Suncream:

Don't give the trap away in the top comment, it will reduce my chance of winning!

Michael Hood 10 Aug 2021
In reply to henwardian:

There's definitely a mix in the competitions of one's you can find the information in the text or linked video, and ones where you have to do some searching, usually on the manufacturer's site.

That mix has been around for years, maybe the ones that have attracted you just happen to be the former.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...