UKC

ARTICLE: Xtreme Scenario: Outdoor Gear ASMR?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 08 Jan 2020
Xtreme Scenario: A study on the aesthetics of the technical equipment used in climbing. Gear geeks be warned: these videos might get you hot under the harness. Digital design studio Tomorrow Bureau recently released a two-part film in which climbing gear and outdoor equipment appear in computer generated graphics, with spine-tingling sound effects. James Earls and Jack Featherstone combined their passion for outdoor activities with their digital design skills to create 'a tribute to the great outdoors and a study on the aesthetics of the technical equipment needed to navigate it.'

Read more
In reply to UKC Articles:

This is not a negative comment, but I was amused that my first reaction to the first photo was to mentally tick off all the hazards going on (krab on krab, rope running around screw gate, three-way load... and the presence of the planet Mars in the background, which clearly shows that they're all  being used in space)

MischaHY 08 Jan 2020
In reply to Tom Chamberlain:

I mean in fairness metal on metal is absolutely fine, otherwise we'd never clip a bolt or wire. The rope wrapped round the gate however is the stuff of nightmares! 

Frank R. 08 Jan 2020
In reply to MischaHY:

I think the whole video is a stuff of nightmares

If I wanted a kind of outdoorsy "tingling", I'd rather watch Jennifer Peedom's movie Mountain (2017) again than some CGI crap.

fire_munki 08 Jan 2020
In reply to Tom Chamberlain:

> This is not a negative comment, but I was amused that my first reaction to the first photo was to mentally tick off all the hazards going on (krab on krab, rope running around screw gate, three-way load... and the presence of the planet Mars in the background, which clearly shows that they're all  being used in space)

I think most peoples teeth started itching at the errors! Pretty and good looking but just wrong at times.

olddirtydoggy 08 Jan 2020

Quite disappointed this kind of material is getting space on the front page. Sorry but thats just how I feel about it.

gethin_allen 09 Jan 2020

I'm sure it's all very impressive to some computer generated geek, and probably took a lot of effort, but nothing in those clips looked even approaching real to me.

The movement just doesn't look real. The way the ropes bend the text on the labels stretches and wallows.

98%monkey 09 Jan 2020

Happy to give watching this a miss

Dale Turrell 10 Jan 2020
In reply to 98%monkey:

And you used that time saved to leave a comment telling everyone you didn't watch the video.  Thanks.

Andy303 24 Jan 2020

Nice to see something that's not Dave Mac Videos or Colin Prior images on UKC, as much as I do like both those things.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...