UKC

NEWS: Yosemite News...with Video and Photos.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 18 Jun 2007
The respected USA climbing and mountaineering journalist, Dougald MacDonald (he's the USA's equivalent of the UK's Ed Douglas), reckons that within five years someone will solo Free Rider, a 35-pitch 5.12c/d (E6-ish?) up Yosemite's El Capitan (click on the photo, left) that was first climbed by the ...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
TimS 18 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Amazing that Caldwell has ticked all of the free routes now - if I remember correctly he put up about half of them too! A real inspiration.
 climbingjohn 18 Jun 2007
In reply to TimS:
All that with just 7 fingers
 JLS 18 Jun 2007
In reply to climbingjohn:

Seven and a half!
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I'm sorry Mick, but that's the worst video link I've ever seen! I have a personal interest in the most of this subject, but the videos really of very little interest...

Also Free Rider would probably come more around the E7 mark, if you take into account the Yosemite grades and the off-widths of this climb. Sorry to nit-pick.

OP Michael Ryan 18 Jun 2007
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> I'm sorry Mick, but that's the worst video link I've ever seen!

I've seen far worse, I've probably linked to far worse. This one though I liked, German or similar climbing tourist on holiday in Yosemite makes bad home video featuring Tom Evans, the climbing voyeur, mahes reference to his largeness, and even classic bad clips featuring a nonchalant Potter and Fidelman going about their business. A classic of its genre.

> Also Free Rider would probably come more around the E7 mark

Hence the "E6-ish ?"

> Sorry to nit-pick.

No need to apologise. Pick away.

Mick

In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
> (In reply to TomPR)
> [...]
>
> I've seen far worse, I've probably linked to far worse. This one though I liked, German or similar climbing tourist on holiday in Yosemite makes bad home video featuring Tom Evans, the climbing voyeur, mahes reference to his largeness, and even classic bad clips featuring a nonchalant Potter and Fidelman going about their business. A classic of its genre.
>

Ha ha! Yes, I get what you're saying...! I'll send you a link of my video next time I share a cheese burrito with the Hubers on a Camp 4 picnic table

OP Michael Ryan 18 Jun 2007
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> [...]
>
> Ha ha! Yes, I get what you're saying...! I'll send you a link of my video next time I share a cheese burrito with the Hubers on a Camp 4 picnic table

Just make sure they are wearing their leather lederhosen....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...