UKC

A5 pulley injury? And physio recommendation for finger injuries?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elsier 14 May 2023

Anyone ever injured an A5 pulley? As far as I can tell it's very rare. (Says it's rare in Make or Break) But yesterday when I came down from my warm up route my finger felt a bit strange and I looked and it was swollen and purple just above the dip joint on the palm side closest to the finger tip which I think corresponds to where the A5 pulley is.

I have more or less normal range of motion, maybe a tiny bit less due to the swelling and very little pain. 

Also can anyone recommend a physio I can see online who understands finger injuries to get a diagnosis and find out what I need to do in terms of rehab?

James Malloch 14 May 2023
In reply to Elsier:

Biscuit from this forum is your man. Brilliant physio and brilliant at online appointments too. I go to him for everything.

https://www.processphysiotherapy.co.uk/

Post edited at 07:18
 Liam P 14 May 2023
In reply to Elsier:

Second vote for Biscuit. Recently had an online chat with him about a back injury which was really useful. His book’s good too!

OP Elsier 14 May 2023
In reply to James Malloch:

Yeah he must be away as he doesn't have any appointments this week. I already looked. 

Supposed to be going on a climbing trip weds to sun, so would be great to speak to a physio before then ideally so I know what I can do.

In reply to Elsier: hi there. I’m a physio based in North Wales. I mainly treat climbers. I would be able to see you this week either in person or remotely if that would help - drop me an email ogwenphysioandpilates@gmail.com

Climber_Bill 14 May 2023
In reply to munro:

> Huffy is excellent 

Another recommendation for Paul.

CB.

Tom Guitarist 14 May 2023
In reply to Elsier:

I used Process Physio recently and was very happy with the service.

In reply to Elsier:

A recommendation for Isabelle Booker. Very knowledgeable and professional

rachelpearce01 14 May 2023
In reply to Elsier:

Andy mcvittie (process physio on Instagram) is fantastic. You can also book remote sessions with him dead easily. He has also just written a book ‘the self rehabbed climber’ which is excellent. 

SteveJC94 14 May 2023
In reply to Elsier:

James Walker at the Sheffield Climbing Clinic is great and has a special interest in pulley injuries. I've seen him a few times and always felt in very safe and knowledgeable hands.

https://www.sheffieldclimbingclinic.com/

biscuit 14 May 2023
In reply to Elsier:

I didn’t google myself honest! But I just saw this thread and it sounded interesting - rare as you say.

All names mentioned on here are excellent physio’s. 

I have no availability this week because I am fully booked, not because I am away (sadly). 
I have just got back from a day climbing to find two requests for changing appointments tomorrow.

So I do now have availability if you haven’t already got sorted out. 

biscuit 14 May 2023
In reply to Elsier:

And thanks everyone for the lovely recommendations.

climbing physio is developing rapidly and we are very lucky to have a selection of top notch climbing physio’s in this country. 

OP Elsier 14 May 2023
In reply to biscuit:

Thanks but I think I am sorted now. Sorry just assumed you were away as I managed to get a last minute appointment when I saw you  for my shoulder previously. 

OP Elsier 14 May 2023
In reply to SteveJC94:

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations, much appreciated. I am sorted with seeing a physio now. Just hoping the injury looks much worse than it is, and won't disrupt my upcoming holidays too much.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...