UKC

A uni cycle for climbing training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 19 Apr 2021

Saw a bloke on a unicycle yesterday, and it crossed my mind that they would be ace for training for climbing as I assume they work on your balance and core strength.
Of course falling off and breaking your arm could put your climbing back a bit.

Bob Kemp 19 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

Best partnered with a red nose and some of those big shoes. 😁

Rhaegalex 19 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

probably not as good as you might think. Its a bit like riding a bike in that once you get it, you can just do it, so I wouldnt say it actually trains your balance much. Ive heard people say its good for your core, but im not sure if it does much having riden one myself. It is a pretty fun thing to learn tho

hang_about 19 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

Just the one? A climbing mate of mine had a compelling list of reasons for owning 4 unicycles.....

EddInaBox 19 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

I can see the attraction, you could pedal up to the crag and avoid the polished crappy bit at the start of your route... and still claim the sit start.

https://imgur.com/gallery/dDsSnFV

... plus the babes clearly love a bloke with a really long one.

ChrisBrooke 19 Apr 2021
In reply to J1234:

I saw a teenager on one on the road to Burbage the other day. I'm guessing he'd cycled out from Sheffield. Even if he'd got a lift as far as Ringinglow or something, it was a damn good effort. Made me smile anyway.

In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Have you seen the YouTube series of the English lad who unicycled round the world..

Edit: guys name is Ed Pratt

Post edited at 21:33

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...