UKC

Advice for checking swing on a campus board

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone Muppet 30 Jan 2013
Go on then...
 Reach>Talent 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Stone Muppet:
There shouldn't be any swing, try a more supportive undergarment.

Are you flailing your legs around as you pull?
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Stone Muppet: Have more body tension, campus more and the ability to hold yourself steady with your shoulders and lower back will develope.
OP Stone Muppet 30 Jan 2013
I think I'm building a swing from side to side as I use the momentum from each ladder move to carry into the next one.
Kaizen 31 Jan 2013
In reply to Stone Muppet: depends on your goals, to get better and campusing on the board learning the 'swing' like you mentioned will help, but will slow strength development.
If you watch advanced climbers use the boards they mainly keep the lower half of the body controlled, feet together to work the back/forearms and fingers.

I know when it comes to real climbing your using your body and momentum in any way to send the boulder or whatever your doing, but when it comes to using a training tool, i personally do it strict as i can to focus on the #1 point, strength gain.
 CosmicHobo 01 Feb 2013
In reply to Stone Muppet: Cross your ankles and pause at each rung. Stops you using the momentum from movement to the rung and stops you using your legs as much to swing to the next one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...