UKC

Auto-belay servicing cost

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Houghton 17 Dec 2020

Hi all,

We have a Trublue autobelay. Does anyone know whether only Entre-prises can service them? My googling has only brought up EP in this country...but, as with all these things, I don't know what the insurers would ask for were something to go wrong. Are there any smaller companies who can do the job too?

Any wisdom?

Jim

Cobra_Head 17 Dec 2020
In reply to Jim Houghton:

Second Goolge suggestion.

https://headrushtech.com/service-my-device

OK not in the UK but there are places that do this obviously.

Post edited at 11:48
 petegunn 17 Dec 2020

I think the King Kong boys in Keswick/Threlkeld service our auto belays. So maybe get in contact with them for prices etc.

Cobra_Head 17 Dec 2020

You could try and find out what's involved then get yourself certified, looks like an up and coming business.

Post edited at 11:59
 Killianmurphy 17 Dec 2020

Hello all, 

Killian From King Kong Climbing Walls, EP UK is the only Headrush Tech Service Centre in the UK,  After that, you are looking at sending it to France, Germany ...etc Which with the impending Brexit may cause delay or additional fees on return. 

If you want to drop us a line we can provide you with the booking form and we also carry stock of demo units which can be hired so you don't have a line out of action while the service is carried out 

info@climbingwall.co.uk

OP Jim Houghton 17 Dec 2020
In reply to Killianmurphy:

Thanks - is this the same as the EP Headrush service centre? Not quite sure I understood.

Jim

Killianmurphy 17 Dec 2020

Yes, we have the booking forms for the EP Headrush Service Centre including costs and who to contact at EP. 

The additional service you can get from King Kong is the option to hire out Autobelays while yours are being serviced. 

stuartholmes 18 Dec 2020

So EP are the only place in the UK that service TrueBlue autobelays and the other variations. 

They have sole distribution and service rights for the UK.

As mentioned you can send it to another country but the price is fairly consistent as its set by Headrush technologies who are the ones who lease out the contract's.

A few UK companies offer to do takedowns and servicing. But basically send them to EP and add a mark up.

If you phone EP directly they can give you prices and explain how it all works.

Cant remember the price off the top of my head but something like £180+ vat rings a bell.

Oceanrower 19 Dec 2020
In reply to stuartholmes:

> Cant remember the price off the top of my head but something like £180+ vat rings a bell.

Very, very close. Good guess.

Killianmurphy 20 Dec 2020

Servicing is £185 ex VAT, not including parts that need replacing such as Webbing, which costs £151.00 ex VAT

They are not the only Distributer, they are the only Service Centre. King Kong purchases directly from Headrush tech and has full access to all their products.

Pricing is as you say set by Headrush so there not much difference in it. 

King Kong does not add a markup on the servicing, as the booking form is from EP and the pricing is pretty clear, however, if you wanted King Kong techs to take them down for you or you want to hire our Autobelays the yes there is a charge for this.

Post edited at 00:11
 stuartholmes 20 Dec 2020
In reply to Killianmurphy:

I stand corrected. Didn't realize that kong were also a distributor.

Good to know 👍

Killianmurphy 21 Dec 2020

Not a problem, if anything this has highlighted that we probably need to do more to promote that we are a distributor 

Post edited at 08:54

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...