UKC

Back to the wall - About time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

After let me see....... almost 2 years of not climbing and several of being a occasional climber I'm today returning to this fine activity with renewed focus .

I'm looking forward to dusting off the shoes and crushing a few holds tonight at the local wall to get myself rolling .

I'll be looking for partners for outside before long , but I'll save that for another thread.

Hurrah for the Wild Scallion !!! 

Post edited at 08:36
 Lornajkelly 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Nice work!  I hope you have a great session

Dave Garnett 18 Mar 2019

Let me know if you fancy a day out on the friendly side of the Peak.

In reply to Dave Garnett:

> Let me know if you fancy a day out on the friendly side of the Peak.

Thank you .  

I will, that's great.

spenser 18 Mar 2019

Likewise, please feel free to give me a shout if you fancy a day out in the Peak (a group of us go to the Unit on Mondays at 7, you're more than welcome to meet us there too).

In reply to spenser:

> Likewise, please feel free to give me a shout if you fancy a day out in the Peak (a group of us go to the Unit on Mondays at 7, you're more than welcome to meet us there too).

Thanks Spenser,

I will do .  I need to get social on the climbing scene and meet new people.

How busy does it get down the unit in the evenings ?

upordown 18 Mar 2019

Hurrah!

spenser 18 Mar 2019

It varies, I very rarely have to queue for anything (climbing up to around V4) unless I am trying it in a group, I occasionally have to point out to someone that they're in a climber's landing zone. I usually wear a pair of obnoxiously bright trousers with various patches on them (I have several pairs), should be easy enough to find me!

In reply to spenser:

> It varies, I very rarely have to queue for anything (climbing up to around V4) unless I am trying it in a group, I occasionally have to point out to someone that they're in a climber's landing zone. I usually wear a pair of obnoxiously bright trousers with various patches on them (I have several pairs), should be easy enough to find me!

I will no doubt be there at some point.  Tonight I am at the other place as it's a singles night and probably less busy for my first foray back to climbing 

spenser 18 Mar 2019

Sure, take things easy and don't knacker yourself before you get back into it properly!

In reply to spenser:

> Sure, take things easy and don't knacker yourself before you get back into it properly!

Thanks dude.

Spent about 2 hours pottering about bouldering.

Managed the easy and medium circuits , and one of the harder routes and a short play on the beastmaster (nothing serious)

Hands today aren't to bad considering , but I didn't realise my shoes were so tight , but they are very new so they should get better.

Went home to watch Dawn Wall and Valley Uprising for motivation .

Considering going again tonight 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...