UKC

Beastmaker 1000 edge size and angle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jeffmearns 23 Jan 2021

Just installed a month ago. Found hanging the lower outside edges challenging. We then realised we have hung it at 6 degrees overhanging and the outside lower edges measure 15mm total and 14mm with the round off.  Is that a normal measurement fot the board? No complaints mind... getting stronger already.

In reply to jeffmearns:

https://www.reddit.com/r/climbharder/comments/cek236/beastmaker_1000_and_20...

Think it depends how you measure it. If memory serves, Lattice count the lower outside edges at 20mm inc. radius. 

GrantM 23 Jan 2021
In reply to jeffmearns:

My BM 1000 lower edges are 20mm, there might be some variation but I think 15mm would be unusual. I put spacers in the holds above to work up to it, 20mm seems to be the standard for a lot of exercises.

timparkin 24 Jan 2021
In reply to GrantM:

> My BM 1000 lower edges are 20mm, there might be some variation but I think 15mm would be unusual. I put spacers in the holds above to work up to it, 20mm seems to be the standard for a lot of exercises.

BM1000 lower outer edges are definitely around 20mm but with a sharper radius on the edge which can make them seem a little easier if you can get some skin friction. 

Fishmate 24 Jan 2021
In reply to jeffmearns:

BM1000 edge sizes vary quite considerably. The bottom 4 finger edge on mine is 16mm including the taper.

A lot of people have been using this for Lattice assessments, so essentially posting inaccurate results. This isn't such an issue if they aim to do their FB work on that edge as you have a start and finish point from which to guage your progress.

I was going to post the Reddit thread as per Stuart's post. I've found this very useful but as we know, measurements vary from board to board so should be taken as approximates.

Arms Cliff 25 Jan 2021
In reply to Fishmate:

That’s interesting as that would be a 25%ish variation from what it should be, which seems a lot for something made on a CNC machine!

timparkin 25 Jan 2021
In reply to jeffmearns:

Can you post a photo with a ruler next to it?

Iamgregp 25 Jan 2021
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Yeah I'd guess that the beatsmakers are all pretty consistent depth, and that the variation is for the most part caused by the different way people are measuring the slots.

I've had this argument with a mate of mine a lot, he swears that the holes on his are too shallow (they're not).

douwe 25 Jan 2021
In reply to Fishmate:

My guess is the method of measuring the depth of these kind of things varies quite considerably, not the actual depth itself. But I could be wrong ofcourse.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...