UKC

Best TRX 'alternatives'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackob 29 Apr 2019

Looking at getting a TRX  home use but reluctant to spend £120 on an authentic one. Has anybody got any 'alternative' recommendations?

Niall_li 29 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Decathlon do a version for way cheaper than 120

slab_happy 29 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Couple of bits of PVC pipe for handles, couple of buckles ("cam buckles" seems to be the technical term), lots of webbing and you can make your own, if you want.

In reply to Jackob:

> Looking at getting a TRX  home use but reluctant to spend £120 on an authentic one. Has anybody got any 'alternative' recommendations?

I got a system very similar to TRX from Lidl a couple of years ago. It was about 20 quid if I remember rightly.  Looks almost the same to me .  We have a couple of TRX training aids at my local gym.  I'd never pay that for something like that.  

You get everything bar an X wall mount. 

Post edited at 18:43
In reply to Jackob:

There are loads on Amazon at around £30. I’ve a TRX myself, but we tend to use the Olympic Rings we got from Cafe Kraft almost exclusively

Exile 29 Apr 2019
In reply to slab_happy:

What slab happy said.  I used two long kayak roof rack straps and two short pieces of inch width plastic pipe with finger tape wrapped around then.

GDes 30 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

You can often find them in Lidl for about 10 quid.

SDM 30 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

As above, you can get the Crivit one from Lidl or Aldi for about a tenner. I've got one and actually think it is better than the official TRX we have at the wall. Better options for how to mount it (can put it up in any doorway in 5 seconds when you are away from home) and it comes with a free pulley so now I have a spare and no longer need to keep disconnecting and moving the weights between sides when I'm doing one arm hangs on the fingerboard.

MischaHY 30 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Rings are a far better choice surely. Can be found online in a nice wood (better than plastic) for circa £20. 

Embed 10 May 2019
In reply to Jackob:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/dst-100-suspension-strap-id_8360619.html

I have this - and it's great. The handles aren't the nicest but it works!

yoshi.h 10 May 2019
In reply to Jackob:

I have rings in my house. Far simpler and better doing the same job.
In fact, it's the best bit of home kit bar having your own home wall imo.
At my local wall, 9 times of out 10 people choose to use rings over TRX type straps.
If you insist on buying TRX type straps there are dozens of knock offs that are cheaper and notorious for bad quality.

forarainydave 23 May 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Gymnastic rings, spend a little more to get wooden ones but don't go overboard.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...