UKC

castle climbing centre - parking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tamati 08 Jan 2013
Is there any free parking at or near the castle climbing centre London?
 tk421 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Tamati: Yes, some limited parking on the road to the reservoir (you can google street view it).
 Bonzkars 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Tamati:

There's always parking available down the small road mentioned above. People seem to slap their motor on double yellows or on the path, It's a free-for-all, i've never had any problems the few times I've had a car with me.
In reply to Tamati:
There is by the Castle and I've never had a problem parking but there are some double yellows and there are restrictions during the day. The wardens never seem to check but you never know whether this will change. The cafe car park (further down the road) is open until about 5ish and they let you park there but they do close the gate so make sure you get your car out in time.
Otherwise turn left into Lordship Park (from Green Lanes) and first left into Allerton Road where there are meters.
In the evening it's fine to park by the centre but gets busy ......
 Rollo 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Tamati: If it's busy, head down the hill from the Castle, take the first right at the pub on the corner. Plenty of parking there taht is free in the evenings and weekend (i think weekend). only 2 mins walk to the castle
 Reach>Talent 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Tamati:
Fair bit of parking but it is worth checking if there is a football match on locally, the local traffic wardens seem a bit more keen on match days. I wouldn't advise parking in the residential area opposite the castle if there is a match on.
 mloskot 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Tamati: There is free parking space on the first stretch of the Myddleton Ave as visible on this street view http://goo.gl/maps/ZQhBl
Just read the parking sign. Avoid parking bays where it says "Residents parking" only, because these spaces belong to flat owners.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...