UKC

Citibloc Leeds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 planetmarshall 12 Oct 2017
Just a shout-out to Citibloc Leeds where I spent a pleasant couple of hours post work bouldering this eve.

It's not huge, and there's no espresso machine or shop but it has hands down the best problem setting of any gym I've been to. I nearly missed my train home because I refused to leave before figuring out a problem that had a whole group completely stumped.
In reply to planetmarshall:

Not been there for around a year. Judging by your approbation, they have presumably stopped setting lots of problems that finish with a tenuous / slippy rockover onto a smear, with a pointy volume in the fall zone.
 BIG BAD JOHN 22 Oct 2017

It is a nice little place, visited a couple of years ago when I went to Leeds for a meeting, traveling up the afternoon before. As I had never been to Leeds before I admit to having trouble finding it and got absolutely soaked in the margin. Glad I persisted though as I spent a pleasant couple of hours there bouldering about.
 Mr Fuller 22 Oct 2017

It used to be my local wall and it remains the best wall I've been to for the quality of problems. Ben and co don't pour the revenue into fancy changing rooms or coffee but instead into great holds, superbly set routes, and an excellent upstairs training facility. It's testament to how good it is that even though Depot Manchester is my new regular bouldering wall I still have a soft spot for the Bloc.
 James Malloch 22 Oct 2017

It's my local too. Nice wall and staff. Just discover the joy of the board upstairs. Pretty brutal but a great facility! Could just do with a nicer finishing jug...
 Lemony 22 Oct 2017

It must be coming up on ten years old now and it's a pretty impressive achievement that people are still saying the exact same thing about it now that they were back then, specifically that it's the quality of the setting puts it apart from the competitors.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...