UKC

Climbing Games for Kids #3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Žiga Janež 27 Feb 2013
New series of games for kids. One for bouldering wall - Shark and first game for "big wall" climbing - Up and Down.

http://www.sloclimbing.com/climbing-games-3/

More games are coming.
 ti_pin_man 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Žiga Janež: climb newcastle run rock stars classes that use a similar game and it helps with the very young, 4/5 year olds. I think they have it as tigers chasing monkeys, so similar.

The other they do is they have two jigsaws that the instructor puts onto top holds, they split into two teams and the teams have to climb to get the pieces of the jigsaw, return to base and assemble the jigsaw.

Personally my daughter (now out of this class as shes 8 and doing bigger walls) and I often play a game where I place a chocolate on the last hold of a climb for her to get. it works well as she stops thinking about her fears and goes for the chocolate.

I've also had a game where she gets a crunchie if she manages all of a given circuit in a session, we have a tick list.

we're here, it might be of interest: www.mojoeclimbing.com
Žiga Janež 27 Feb 2013
In reply to ti_pin_man: thanks for sharing your games they all looks really interesting. We will try the game with jigsaw.
 ti_pin_man 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Žiga Janež: just remembered another... an obstacle course... hoops on the wall make for an interesting traverse to see if they can get through the hoops without knocking them off the wall.
Žiga Janež 27 Feb 2013
In reply to ti_pin_man: o great I am wondering how to mount hoops on the wall? Don't have any idea.
 ti_pin_man 28 Feb 2013
In reply to Žiga Janež: the wall my daughter climbed at used long foam pieces (similar to the lagging used on pipes Or like the floating aids in swimming pools) and plugged each end into holes in the wall. I think they had some climbing holds that had large hand holds in the middle so they could put each end of the foam pipe into the hole and these were positioned to allow this game.
Žiga Janež 14 Mar 2013
In reply to ti_pin_man: wow thanks for that really mastermind idea
 marsbar 14 Mar 2013
In reply to Žiga Janež: We put little soft toys or bean bags on ledges and the children have to rescue them all. We also do lots of balance games on the floor where you have to do things on one leg without falling over.
Žiga Janež 15 Mar 2013
In reply to marsbarI have completely forgot on balance games on the floor. Thanks for hint.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...