UKC

Climbing Wall in Morzine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pec 07 Feb 2018

I'm going skiing in Morzine in a couple of weeks and wondered about the possibility of some apres ski climbing.

I've done some googling and found various websites of the 'things to do in Morzine' variety suggesting there is a wall at the Palais des Sports at the Parc des Dereches though oddly there is no mention of on the Parc website itself.

One thing I found suggested it was open from about 2-5pm which makes it about as useful as a chocolate fireguard unless the weather is so bad skiing is impossible.

So can anyone confirm that there really is a wall and if so, is it open in the evenings and is it a bouldering or lead wall so I know whether to take a rope and harness.

Thanks in advance.

c9smith8 08 Feb 2018
In reply to pec:

I was in Morzine last summer, from what I could find out- the wall is a private members only affair that for some French insurance reason you have to be a member of to use.

No guarantees whether this was just them telling a young English tourist to bugger off or it was true! The tourism office or maybe some of the guide companies might know more than I!

girlymonkey 08 Feb 2018
In reply to pec:

It's a few years since I worked in Morzine, but there certainly wasn't when I was there. However, if you can be bothered to drive to Geneva, we used to head down to the Vitam wall occasionally. It was good and we found it worth the drive. However, if you are just out for a week then it may be further than you want to go of an evening.

OP pec 08 Feb 2018
In reply to pec:

Thanks for the replies, doesn't sound very promising.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...