UKC

Climbing wall near Bolton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello,

I'm moving to Bolton in a few weeks time. I can't go climbing quite yet because of an injury, but I'm scouting out the nearest/bestest walls in advance. So far I have found:

- University of Bolton climbing wall (bit small?)
- Bury Climbing Centre (can't find a web link that works though)
- Bolder UK (I work just south of Blackburn so could go after work)

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

David
 Scott Dunkley 29 May 2014
In reply to David Kirsfelds:

You also have climb Rochdale or head in to Manchester / Stockport there's a few walls to choose from that way, just depends how far you want to travel to get to a wall , probably roughly same travel time in each direction
 goose299 29 May 2014

West View at Preston?
In reply to Scott Dunkley:

I go to Manchester Climbing Centre at the moment but thought it might be a bit too far from Bolton to travel. I have it on doorstep where I currently live, so anywhere from Bolton is going to seem considerably longer...

David
 Robert Durran 30 May 2014

Dhaulagiri?
In reply to Robert Durran:

Have the routes been set well there?

David
 Robert Durran 30 May 2014

> Have the routes been set well there?

> David

Good brick edges apparently.
 Tyler 30 May 2014

Boulder UK is your best bet and in the summer Craig y Longridge
 woodsy 03 Jun 2014

Manchester cc, Awesome walls, Stockport, West View, Rochdale & Boulder UK all within half hour from Bolton.
Haven't been to the (new) Bolton Uni wall so can't comment on that except that its the nearest
 David55 03 Jun 2014
In reply to woodsy:

Remember there is Rockover, excellent bouldering a couple of minutes walk from Victoria Station in Manchester. Easy access by train from Bolton.
 Stu Tyrrell 04 Jun 2014

North West Face at Warrington is a good wall!
 robin mueller 04 Jun 2014

If you work just south of Blackburn, Boulder UK is the one to go to. Not massive, but the problems are always well set.

Rockover is probably the biggest bouldering wall in the area and only 30min from Bolton if the traffic is good. Best not to go during rush hour.

Plenty of outdoors options too. New Lancashire Bouldering guidebook out soon, so you won't run out of things to do!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...