UKC

Coaching recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 edhawk21 09 Apr 2018

I'm looking to up my game a bit this year in terms of my sport and boulder grades and wondered if any of you guys have any experience of a coach you would recommend? I'm not quite ready for lattice training but that is the sort of thing I'm looking at. Some form of analysis followed by a prescribed plan. Have any of you guys subscribed to uphill athlete? or training beta?

Steven AT 09 Apr 2018
In reply to edhawk21:

Where are you based? Maybe have a chat with your local wall about coaching if you don't feel ready for a bigger commitment. 

That said my girlfriend and I train with Lattice - it's awesome and very accomodating to different levels/goals. In six months her redpoint grade of 6c has become her onsight grade outdoors. Well worth it! 

OP edhawk21 09 Apr 2018
In reply to Alpinetrek.co.uk:

Cool. Which option did she go for? as I know Lattice offers different options in terms of assessment and training.

Steven AT 09 Apr 2018
In reply to edhawk21:

Lattice board assessment (hers on the 10 degree at Climbing Station) followed by plan from Tom and Ollie. The assessors will generally offer a training plan themselves if they're coaches which will usually be a bit cheaper but we stuck with Lattice as we knew what we were getting and they're well set up for remote work. 

Well worth the investment IMO - although the real investment comes from time and consistency in the gym and then applying the gains outside. Certainly helps with direction though! You never feel like you're wasting time in a training session. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...