UKC

CWA 5 minute talk - what was yours?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hello.

Doing a little research to gauge an idea of the route to take myself when presenting at upcoming assessment.

As title suggests; interested in talks people have given but also any if assessors out there can share talks they have been presented with?

Thanks.

Grant

Martin Bennett 22 Feb 2018
In reply to Saint.Procrastination:

I think the idea is to gauge your own involvement, not someone elses. Never were Tom Lehrer's lyrics more apposite:

"Plagiarize. Let no one else's work evade your eyes; remember why the good Lord made your eyes. Don't shade your eyes, but plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize. Only be sure always to call it please "research"."

Post edited at 10:27
 trouserburp 22 Feb 2018

Unless you've gone meta and are going to do a talk on CWA talks

In reply to Martin Bennett:

Thanks you really helped.

In reply to trouserburp:

I like the thinking. It's "One step beyond"

The Marmot 23 Feb 2018

I did my CWA assessment recently; our assessor had us deliver a 10-15 minute instructional session to the rest of the group. One person did rock overs, another footwork and another on CofG/balance etc.

I'd recommend contacting the assessor to ask the format and types of suggested topics for this element of assessment. Perhaps look at the BMC fundamentals syllabus for inspiration.

M

In reply to The Marmot:

Thank you.

I was a little over inspired after reading on an independent climbing skills site that assessment includes a 5 minute talk to showcase research ability to the assessor.

After speaking with assessor, I have been informed this will not be the case in my CWAA.

?g

trouserburp 26 Feb 2018

Won't be then. I was secretly hoping to do a talk/polemic for my SPA but didn't come up as only included at assessor' discretion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...