UKC

Euro Champs Lead

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john arran 06 Oct 2019

Just watched the lead final in Edinburgh and, apart from some great performances from the climbers, I was struck by how impressive the routesetting was. Boulder problems that needed to be flashed lower down really gave those who did them well a big advantage energy-wise and time-wise on the more urgent upper sections.

Fantastic viewing, especially the women's event.

JLS 06 Oct 2019
In reply to john arran:

I was at the event today. Absolutely fantastic. Close up the routes looked awesome and desperate. I can’t begin to comprehend how the route setters come up with such amazing routes than so closely match the climber’s ability.

In reply to john arran:

Agreed, great to see a perfect women's final when in the past year it's generally been a bit disappointing setting-wise. Great organisation from the staff and volunteers, too.

BrendanO 07 Oct 2019
In reply to john arran:

Totally agree, lots of heart in mouth monents in the Women's Final... Luce Douady especially impressed! It seemed very well put-together, money was spent dressing up the centre (and it looked great!), and Robbie Phillips' arena commentary was very enjoyable - he could get a job on Test Match Special!

CVI 07 Oct 2019
In reply to john arran:

Agree with all the above. Was there yesterday with the family and all enjoyed it. Route setting was spot on and the atmosphere for the final was great.

I thought the real time scoring on the big screen worked well once they got it going, would be nice to see it on more event webcasts in the future. It really annoys me when they can't even show the timer on some webcasts. I guess they are working on their presentation for the Olympics.

Both my boys scored a selfie with Adam and a signature on their chalk bags/t shirt.

Nice touch having the Clip n Climb open for free during the gap between semis and final.

Well done Edinburgh and Ratho.

gaz parry 07 Oct 2019
In reply to john arran

The Women final was the highlight for me.

Scott K 09 Oct 2019
In reply to gaz parry:

Yes, but would have been even better if Anak had got the jump. Great to see her back climbing well.

Offwidth 09 Oct 2019
In reply to CVI:

Maybe also worth thanking the IFSC who run the events and the BMC who co-hosted the event with Edinburgh (the BMC, including volunteers, did most of the local organisation for running the competitions). 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...