UKC

Fingerboarding/training app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mike1979 06 Nov 2017
My two go-to fingerboarding apps (digit trainer and hang timer) are now not working with iOS 11. Can anyone recommend another (programmable) fingerboard app? More generally any other good training apps out there? Also for rings and trx?
Cheers muchly
Mike
 Gareth 06 Nov 2017
In reply to mike1979:

hangboard guru from Neil Gresham is good. Not totally programmable, but a lot of different sessions that you can customize to your board and then calibrate to your level. There are also how to videos which may, or may not be useful
 HakanT 06 Nov 2017
In reply to mike1979:

Same thing for me, I guess you were using Hangtimer? I've switched to the Beastmaker app.
 stp 06 Nov 2017
In reply to mike1979:

The two I use on Android are Hybrid Interval Timer and New Interval Timer. I assume they're available on iOS. Both have their pros and cons. The former is easy to adjust the number of sets or rounds with a simple slider. The latter is more customizable for fine tuning a whole workout. It also keeps a record of completed workouts with time and date. Both free for Android.
mike1979 07 Nov 2017
In reply to mike1979:
Great. Thanks for the tips everyone. I’ll check out those options
Mike
 MeMeMe 07 Nov 2017
In reply to mike1979:

Boulder Trainer is worth a look (I've only just got it and I've now knackered my elbow tendon, not sure that is a recommendation but I think that's more my fault than its!)
mike1979 11 Nov 2017
In reply to mike1979:
Just in case this was of interest to anyone else, I’ve now had a fiddle with various apps and find the best so far cruxtec trainer. It ticks the boxes I need - programmable, easy to use (set up and during sessions) and cheap.

Still looking for a decent and affordable trx app. Any ideas?
Post edited at 07:33
 kevin stephens 11 Nov 2017
In reply to mike1979:
I’ve just started using the BeastMaker App, hoping soon to be able to complete the 5a cycle. Apart from the grade anomaly ( BeastMaker 5a=sport 7b?) is there any benefit to the alternative apps?
Post edited at 07:42
 Mike Highbury 11 Nov 2017
In reply to kevin stephens:
> I’ve just started using the BeastMaker App, hoping soon to be able to complete the 5a cycle. Apart from the grade anomaly ( BeastMaker 5a=sport 7b?) is there any benefit to the alternative apps?

I mentioned this poor calibration to Ned F once, the look on his face suggested that my weaknesses were impossible to him to compute.
mike1979 11 Nov 2017
In reply to kevin stephens:
I prefer apps that let you programme your own session. I like doing the Eva Lopez deadhang protocol, for example. With the BeastMaker app, you have to stick to their repeaters. I love the BeastMaker board but can’t complete some of the holds on the repeaters at all.
Post edited at 10:40

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...