UKC

Good weightlifting workouts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SARS 20 Oct 2013
Can anyone help me add to the following? I'm trying to put together a good set of exercises for a 1hr upper body workout.

At the moment my sessions go something like the following:

Everything usually 3x10

Dumbell shoulder press
Ab workout "side to side slam with medicine ball" x100
Dumbell bench press
Crunches x100
Cable cross over
Bicep curl
Barbell/dumbell raise

Anyone have thoughts on how to structure a more effective session or what's missing? (I realise no leg exercises but that is by design since I'm swimming quite a bit right now which gives a decent leg workout)
 Keendan 20 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Weighted pull ups?
 MischaHY 20 Oct 2013
This may sound crazy insane, but... climbing is a pretty total upper body workout. Lift your own body weight?!
OP SARS 20 Oct 2013
In reply to MischaHY:

I climb twice a week. It's not enough really. I'm not just trying to get fitter for climbing I should add. More just getting fitter and leaner in general.
Simos 20 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

How are you structuring the session? How many times a week will you be doing this? Goal? (strength, bulk etc)

Looks like there are obvious things missing like back and tricep exercises?

I personally like compound exercises where possible but haven't hit the gym in years. If you'll combine the whole upper body in one 1h session (not sure if possible) go for the 'main' exercise that hit all of the muscles in a group ie not isolation etc

Whatever you choose to do remember that getting stronger is mainly about 3 things: intensity, nutrition and rest/sleep.
OP SARS 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Simos:

Current basic weekly structure is
2x per week weight training
2x per week bouldering/routes
1x per week swimming

One weights session mid week and one on the weekend.

Aim is to lose the excess body ffat without losing muscle. And preferably increase bulk a little.

I've left out some back - e.g. lat pull - because I think it gets covered well in climbing. Tricep is a good call - I'll add that.
 dave frost 20 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: Deadlifts and front squats, add in overhead squat if you dare! aim for double body weight deadlift.

Leave the curls they wont help. Maybe use the bench press as a test for upper body conditioning. If you cant do a body weight bench press (just one!) you probably have some shoulder/neck trouble to sort out before you get stronger. If you just dont feel strong enough then do some other training to get your there but keep it as a test, not as an exercise in itself. Try this out it can work well. Squats arent just for legs....

Have fun.
Dave
 dr_botnik 21 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: I'd personally look at more complex excersises (google "complex dumbell routine") its always worth putting something like a squat in, id swap the shoulder press for clean and jerks, mix up the bench press with incline sets, switch your ab workout and crunches to plank with knee raises to torso. or just mix it up a bit and not do the same thing every week. disclaimer: i dont know what im talking about.
 xplorer 21 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Leave the weights alone!

Get doing some core circuits. Your whole body will benefit.

Have a look at insanity workouts on YouTube. That will give you an idea.
OP SARS 21 Oct 2013
In reply to xplorer:

Thanks but I've done core circuits before, regularly, when I was rowing. And I don't get as much benefit as I do from weight training to be honest.
 cb_6 21 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: Hey mate, hope I can help. Excuse me in advance if I seem like a know it all.

Firstly, you said you weren't going to do back exercises because your back is covered by climbing. Well, it isn't. Unless your back is already so strong that you're campusing up the wall (I'm guessing not) or your technique is so bad that you're still relying on back strength to haul your way up (I sincerely hope not), a climbing session isn't enough to get a great back workout. Add in a vertical pull like pull ups and a horizontal pull (row variation). Something you can do to allow a fair amount of rest between sets without taking too much time is supersets. For example, if you were to superset your shoulder press with pull ups, you'd perform one set of presses, one set of pulls, then repeat until you're done all the sets you had planned.

Secondly, you said there was no leg work as you're doing "quite a lot of swimming". You then said you were swimming just one a week. Well, people saying "I don't want to train legs because I do swimming/jogging/morris dancing" is the oldest excuse in the book for not training legs and has little merit to it. A cardio vascular activity like swimming does not train the legs in the same way as a strength based/anaerobic activity like a weight lifting workout. You don't need to train legs like a body builder or a power lifter might (although squats and Deadlifts wouldn't hurt) but at the very least throw some Bulgarian split squats and kettlebell swings in there.

Thirdly, the main thing that climbing needs is a strong grip. So train it! Two climbing sessions and two world that include a little grip work won't be overtraining if that's your concern. Buy a pair of Fat Gripz or similar product and use them on dumbbell and barbell handles for just about every exercise, whether it's a push or a pull. If you absolutely must then simply wrapping some towels/flannels around the handles will challenge your hands. You can also incorporate some direct grip work like farmer's walks, plate pinching or heavy finger rolls.

Fourthly, your core is made up of muscles, so train it like any other group of muscles. Don't waste your time with 100 crunches. Just because you feel a burn doesn't mean it's effective. Try doing standing cable crunches with enough weight that only allows 5-10 reps a set. Look up an exercise called 'full contact twist'. Try hanging leg raises. Do big challenging movements with as much added weight as needed to keep the reps fairly low.

Finally, ditch most of those isolation exercises. I'm not anti isolation and they have their place, but right now since you're only training twice a week for an hour each time, you need exercises which will give you the most bang for your buck. Here's a sample workout (yes, I can get a little geeky once I'm on a roll...)

A1 dumbbell shoulder press 3x5-8
A2 chin up 3x5-8
B1 Bulgarian split squats 4x5 (each side)
B2 kettlebell swings 4x15-25
C1 one arm dumbbell bench 3x5-8
C2 one arm dumbbell row 3x5-8
D cable crunches or hanging leg raises 3x6-10
E farmer's walks (dumbbells with thick handles) 4x20 seconds

1 minute should be enough rest between sets. You don't have to do this exact workout, but I hope it gives you some food for thought and I hope this rambling post has been helpful.
 pork pie girl 23 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

tricep exercises

use of exercise ball for core.. you don't have much for your lower abs (they're harder to develop so need focus)
use ball for lower back excercises too... so do the plank on it and things like that.. core can be done whilst resting between sets of other exercises

you can also use the ball for doing any of weights that you'd usually use a bench for.. keeping feet, ankles and knees close together to engage the core whuilst you're doing things like presses for shoulders or chest

lat raises /front raises for shoudlers.. i find that my deltoids get pumped on steep routes so doung more on this muscle group helps

perosnally i'd do legs in the gym too

defo pull ups
In reply to MischaHY: depends on how hard you climb and how much strength you have already. i think weight training targets muscle groups climbing doesn't and also helps prevent injury, and as a woman i weight train to build strength where i'd naturally be fairly weak.. which definitely helps my climbing
In reply to SARS: when yu say you wnat to get leaner.. you want to lose fat... dieting is rubbish.. i'd do more cardio (but i am a cardio freak)
In reply to pork pie girl: oh i'd also add some seated rows.. sometimes locking off and holding for a few seconds
In reply to dave frost: i find bicep curls really good.. but i like steeper climbs with undercuts
 Nick Russell 23 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:
> (In reply to Simos)
>
> Current basic weekly structure is
> 2x per week weight training
> 2x per week bouldering/routes
> 1x per week swimming

Plenty of good advice on here already. I'd add/reiterate:

Swimming once per week will not train your legs. If you'd said running/cycling I'd probably let it pass, but legs are pretty much dead weight in the pool. Do some squats.

Also, get a fingerboard. Add that in or substitute one of your weights sessions.
OP SARS 23 Oct 2013
Thanks all. Lots of interesting ideas.

I'm still going to skip training the legs in the gym though. I have quite chunky legs already, from years of swimming as a kid. Last thing I need is to bulk up further in this area!
 mark s 23 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:
> Thanks all. Lots of interesting ideas.
>
> I'm still going to skip training the legs in the gym though. I have quite chunky legs already, from years of swimming as a kid. Last thing I need is to bulk up further in this area!

skip legs day? lol
trust me doing legs once a week is not going to give you thighs like a german cyclist.doing squats does your whole body.

OP SARS 23 Oct 2013
In reply to mark s:

I already have thighs like a german cyclist. Well, their chunky as it is. If anything I want an exercise to reduce my glutes!
Ian Black 23 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: First of all doing an hrs hard weight training will be counter productive. Base your routine around squats, deadlift, weighted chins and dips, bench press, and walking lunges with a weight held straight overhead. These big compound moves will give your core a good workout. I haven't came across anyone with a weak core that can deadlift more than twice their bodyweight. If you want a decent routine email me...
andic 23 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Big lifts are as good as cardio for losing weight. The real deep hunger you get after a good swim sesh you get after a good DL or squat day.

Add in a few squats (front or OH) and DLs to your programme, drop the isolation movements and use 5x5 or six sets of three-four reps to build strength.

Also I love Olympic lifts and OH pressing like only a new convert can. More good cardio.

Finally try doing tummy vacuums for an iron core.
ice.solo 24 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Rather than lift session by session think about a 10 day cycle over several phases with short, mid and long term objectives.
True overall functional strength is complex and needs savvy scheduling.
Ian Black 24 Oct 2013
In reply to andic:
> (In reply to SARS)
>
> Big lifts are as good as cardio for losing weight. The real deep hunger you get after a good swim sesh you get after a good DL or squat day.
>

Very true. I do a fair bit of endurance events and some of the lads I ride with have pot bellies and really poor body composition because they do no form of resistance training. I've even heard a couple say they don't want to lift weights in case they get too big! WTF. They could lose the belly, develop some shoulders and probably not weigh any more than they do currently, and lets not forget the more muscle you carry the more calories you burn.

cariva 24 Oct 2013
In reply to ice.solo:
> (In reply to SARS)
>
> True overall functional strength is complex and needs savvy scheduling.

I heard that!

Cheers
 chris687 24 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Hi mate, I would suggest that you try to understand what all the different muscles of the body will do and in which exercises they are used. Sounds simple but when you apply a bit of thought to your routine you can develop much more efficiently. For example:

You want to train triceps, shoulders, chest, biceps and back.

Think about what exercises you will do to work each muscle group.
Now consider which order you will train them.
If you begin with tricep curls and then do shoulder press and then bench you will fail on shoulders and bench press because your triceps are already fatigued. This means that your deltoids and pectoral muscles will not be overloaded as intended.

Now consider you begin with bench press, your chest gets fatigued as well as to a lesser extent, your triceps. Then do your shoulder exercises (Bear in mind you can do these without needing to use your triceps if you think about it). Finally, finish on triceps when this muscle group is fatigued. You wont lift as much weight as when you are fresh obviously but throughout the workout your triceps will have done a lot of work and will have been overloaded.

Basically begin with big exercises and then fail down to smaller ones. Eg. Pull ups followed by rows and then bicep curls.

If you are trying to build beach muscles then you can take fairly routine exercises and structure them more effectively. If you are training for something more functional (injury prevention) then it requires a bit more thought.
andic 24 Oct 2013
In reply to chris687:

I'd suggest the rule of thumb that you should do the exercise that requires the most muscular co-ordination and envolves the most joints first and work towards simpler movements.

eg deadlift before bench press
pistol squat on a gymball with overhead kettlebell being at one end of the scale and crunches ot bicep curls at the other....

I guess for advanced body building this dosent apply as you are not stressing the nervous system to the same degree and as above you might want to pre fatigue muscles before a compound exercise (flys before benching etc).

Interesting thread, I only added weights to my training (running and climbing) a year ago and it has got me over a plateau
OP SARS 27 Oct 2013
Added front squats today. Light weight only since I was working on technique. Can feel it now though.

Front squat
Bench press
Abs side to side slam
Cable crossover
Shoulder dumbbell press
Cable external rotation
Abs leg raise
Cable tricep pushdown
OP SARS 27 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

I'd be interested to see what other people have been doing if anyone wants to share. ..
 riddle 27 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Dead lift
Deficit dead lift
Snatch grip rack pull
Ham curls
 mark s 27 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: sunday;incline bench
incline dumbbell press
pec deck
cable flyes
dips
flat dumbbells
monday
tricep push downs
skull crushers
closegrip bench
reverse grip extensions
seated dumbbell curls
ez bar standing curls
seated preacher curls
tues
seated rows
lat pull downs
t bar rows
machine rows
nautilus pullovers
wed
squats
still leg dead lifts
leg extensions
leg press
leg curls
calf raises
thur
over head bar press
dumbbell press
front raise
side raise
upright rows
cable shrugs
dumbbell shrugs
reverse pec deck
andic 27 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Thurs: weighted pull ups, weighted dips, bent over rows, 1 hand lat pull downs, running 20 min
Fri lunch:
Snatch to OH squats 3x5
Power cleans to front squat 3x5
Split jerks 3x5

Fri later:
Stretch, bench press pause reps 3 of 6, 1leg squats 5x5 1/2BW, snatch balances, toes to bar, Russian bb twist, woodcutters, reverse woodcutters 2x10 each
 pork pie girl 27 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: 8 sets of 20 pull ups (4 wide grip and 4 narrow.. Reduce reps by about 25% when adding about 10 to 15 % weight) alternated with leg extensions 3x15
4 sets of 8-12 reps shoulder presses on machine or dumbbells alternated with leg curls sets of 15 repsseated rows 4x12 (sometimes locking off for a few seconds and therefore reducing reps) alternated with squats 3x15
Front raised combined with lat raises 10-12 of each for 3 sets alternated with bicep curls 3x12
Overhead tricep presses combined with press ups. 3 sets of high reps
Triceps pushdowns alternated with bicep cable curls. 3x high reps.
Abs.. Leg raises with exercise ball between feet _gets hip flexors too) alternated with upper an crunches then general an crunches whilst laying on ball.. 3 sets of,high reps of all three exErcises.
Lower,back.. Plank, kneeling on ball, hyper extension, on leg box on ball.. Usually choose two exerciseS and do 6 sets.

Stretching

Do this sort of thong twice per week always,after hard catsup like interval training on bike for 45 mins.

Do cardio pretty much,every day and core three to four times a week
Climb four to five times week.

OP SARS 28 Oct 2013
In reply to mark s: impressive

All: thanks keep them coming.
Ian Black 28 Oct 2013
In reply to andic: Not a bad routine but I'd ditch the 1 hand lat pull downs and the bent over rows, nevertheless a decent routine for your core.
Ian Black 28 Oct 2013
In reply to mark s: Far too many faffy exercises in that routine mate, keep it simple...
andic 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Ian Black:

Ha ha the pull downs are new, I'm starting training for 1 handed pull ups (a silly vanity goal).

Cheers
 cb_6 29 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: I don't really have a solid plan at the moment as I'm training for my first half marathon. When I'm done I'm starting a periodization plan for climbing though. I won't post the whole thing, but here is the part for the strength and power phase

4 weeks: strength and power

Twice a week: Grip, upper body

Deadhangs 3 sets of 4x5-10 secs. 1 minute rest between reps, 3 minute rest between sets

A1 OHP 8x3-5
B1 Explosive/campus pull ups 8x2-3 (each side)
C1 Hanging leg raises 5x4-6

Twice a week: Lower body, conditioning

A1 Zercher Squats OR Deadlift 5x3 120s
B1 Zercher Squats OR Deadlift 3x5 90s
C1 Turkish Get Ups 3x each side
D1 Plate Pinch 4x5-10 secs
D2 Calf Raises 3x5-8

Barbell Complex for strength conditioning

High pull
Hang power clean
Push press
Squat
RDL
ROW

3 rep per exercise
Week 1: 3 rounds, 2:00 rest
Week 2: 4 rounds, 2:00 rest
Week 3: 4 rounds, 1:30 rest
Week 4: 5 rounds, 1:30 rest

Although I'm consisting keeping it simple and just doing some heavy farmers walks instead
 mugglewump 29 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: I'm sure there is lots of great advise above but my advice would be to introduce Gymnastic ring training rather than weight training. 2 sessions a week a push based session and a pull based session. My strength has had huge gains in 4 weeks. From being able to do 15 maybe maximum 20 pull ups on a good day! To 30 pull ups and even a one arm pull up. Research (building a gymnastic body) online

Paul Kinnaird 29 Oct 2013
In reply to mark s:
> (In reply to SARS)
> tues
> seated rows
> lat pull downs
> t bar rows
> machine rows
> nautilus pullovers

Is that just a list of exercises you do or the order in which you normally do them? If my gym had a nautilus or hammer strength pull over machine that would be top of the list work the back without tiring out the arms.

Again not sure of your goals but triceps after chest day and biceps before back isn't normally a good idea. Others would say a separate arms day is a waste of time and just follow the old chest and tris back and bicep where a few sets of curls or extensions are added on to the end of the main workout. As I do chest and back twice a week so fit in a fair few sets (shoulders get done once a week also do a full on leg day and a separate squat/deadlift session)

mark s 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Ian Black:
> (In reply to mark s) Far too many faffy exercises in that routine mate, keep it simple...

its what i will do,hasnt done me any harm.im 16 stone and not much fat on me and stronger than 99 percent of the population

mark s 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Paul Kinnaird: its just a list of what i do.day order is wrong way around.i put in a rest day where and when i feel i need one.as have 2 days off a week
dont climb anymore so im not doing it for that,just to get bigger and stronger
andic 29 Oct 2013
In reply to cb_6:

Is there any advantage of zurcher squats over front squats?
OP SARS 29 Oct 2013
In reply to andic:

One problem I'm having is that the gym is so busy mid week I can't plan too much, because there's a good chance the equipment I want won't be free.

Today:
Seated row
Lat pull
Dips
Crunches
Leg raise
Cable press
Ian Black 29 Oct 2013
In reply to mark s:
> (In reply to Ian Black)
> [...]
>
> its what i will do,hasnt done me any harm.im 16 stone and not much fat on me and stronger than 99 percent of the population

Each to their own mate, but big compound moves keep me about 8% BF year round. I always seemed to carry a bit more timber around the waist when I did split routines including isolation movements.

Ian Black 29 Oct 2013
In reply to andic:
>
> Ha ha the pull downs are new, I'm starting training for 1 handed pull ups (a silly vanity goal).

Nothing up with vanity, I'm trying to perfect muscle ups at 53. Not many grandads with abs, lol.

OP SARS 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Ian Black:

I'm coming around to your thinking. After front squats on Sunday I really felt it. Main difficulty with this though is that Sunday is the only day when the gym's quiet enough to get to the bars for squats etc.
 TheseKnivesMan 29 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Need some back workout in there. Right now it's all push/front apart from bicep curls. Add chinups instead of these and it kind of renders bicep curls obsolete. Or replace cable crossovers with chinups. Try and get 2 compound excersizes for pulling, 2 for pushing. Add assistance excersizes if you want but its not really necessary.

ie:

Deadlifts (amazing core + legs workout as well as back. learn to do them safely and you'll feel like youve really gotten stronger!)
Shoulder Press
Chinups
Bench Press
Ian Black 29 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:
>
> I'm coming around to your thinking. After front squats on Sunday I really felt it. Main difficulty with this though is that Sunday is the only day when the gym's quiet enough to get to the bars for squats etc.

I've really gone for the maximum intensity in the shortest time. Never ever train bi or triceps as they get a good enough workout from weighted dips and chins. Even my ab work is minimal as my core gets a good workout from all the big moves. I definitely think keeping as brief as possible 20-30 min is the way forward.

chrisjacks 29 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

Med ball 400 programme, and forget anything on a machine.
OP SARS 29 Oct 2013
In reply to TheseKnivesMan:

Have shoulder and bench press in there now but agree, want to add deadlifts.

I'm in two minds re chin ups. Yes a good exercise, however, I'm also bouldering twice a week at a reasonable level V5+. So I'm trying to avoid exercises which weaken me for a next days bouldering. E.g. tomorrow.
 Keendan 29 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS:

It depends whether you boulder to perform or train

If performance - then you want to rest and be firing on all cylinders
If training - then pull ups the day before is likely to make you stronger in the long run
andic 29 Oct 2013
In reply to anyoof:

Tother day I went down to a different gym that i have access to (EIS Sheffield) and they have got what I can only describe as a playroom for grownups: monkey bars, balance boards, sand bags (up to 25kg), some kind of horse collar things, soft boxes, ropes, medicine balls and a sideways trampoline.

I had a great time pissing about but is there anything structured many one can recommend? (For a performance focussed power/Olympic lifter)
OP SARS 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Daniel Heath:

Perform. Because otherwise it's not fun. And it should always be fun.
 cb_6 30 Oct 2013
In reply to andic:
> (In reply to cb_6)
>
> Is there any advantage of zurcher squats over front squats?

None really, just preference. Mainly I don't have a rack so dead lifting the bar and resting it on my thighs to hook my elbows under the bar is more practical than attempting to clean the weight into place, given the lack of mobility in my shoulders and flexibility in my wrists for the rack position. Both movements hammer the core while making the legs work. In my view, squatting with a heavy barbell will make you stronger whether the bar is on the traps, the front delts or the crooks of the elbows - as long as you're going heavy enough to push yourself of course.
andic 30 Oct 2013
In reply to cb_6:

I have the same problem at my usual gym, no squat rack. Hence the power cleans and front squats or over head squats, I'm at a bit of a plateau just now so looking for something else might try your zurcher pick up manouver to up the weight but it sounds horrific!
 cb_6 31 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: I simply use a squat/sissy pad to protect the elbows. Wrapping a towel around the bar is a cheap and effective alternative if you don't have a pad.
 mark s 31 Oct 2013
In reply to cb_6: or develop traps
 cb_6 31 Oct 2013
In reply to SARS: My traps seem fine from the deadlifting and high pulls I've been doing
 mark s 01 Nov 2013
In reply to cb_6: job done then,you don't need foam when squating .
 cb_6 01 Nov 2013
In reply to mark s: You do realise I was talking about protecting the inside of the elbows during a Zercher squat, right?
 mark s 01 Nov 2013
In reply to cb_6: oh,never seen anyone bother with them
andic 04 Nov 2013
In reply to SARS:

Tonight was first time for a while (new job last week), did;
Deadlifts 60, 100, 120, 140, 180, 190. 10-3 reps
Pull ups 2 sets bw, 5 sets with 20kg, 3 sets plyo to catch top of smith press
Dips 8x4sets 20kg
1 arm pull down 50-60kg 1-2 reps x 3
A new invention (that I probably can't claim): over head press with EZ bar but holding the handles of the plates (awkward and balance, and ace) 3sets 10 about 30kg
Stretching before and after, had a really nice time actually.

be=85-90
andic 06 Nov 2013
In reply to andic:

Last night was more push and abs...
Over head squats 4 sets of 6
Bench press
Bar bell rows
Overhead press
Bar bell Russian twists
Wood cutters and reverse woodcutters
Toes to bar

Quite sore this morning from Mondays DLs and the keg press thingy
andic 08 Nov 2013
In reply to andic:
Last night:

Tread mill for a bit, Felt hard will have to work on cardio a bit more in future.

Front squats warm up set then 3x8
1 leg squats 3x8
Snatch balances
Pull ups 2 sets slooooooooowwwwww, 3 sets weighted, 2 sets for speed
Overhead keg press thingy 3x10
OP SARS 08 Nov 2013
In reply to andic:

Good effort. Seems quite a lot though. Could it be too much? As for me, bouldering on Wednesday and weights last night:

Bench press
Shoulder press
Side to side slam
Leg raise
Cable twist
Cable press

Might do a session tonight - maybe focus on squats.
andic 08 Nov 2013
In reply to SARS:

perhaps, OH is away at the moment so have to do something with my time!
andic 10 Nov 2013
In reply to SARS:

Horrible hung over run today topped off with rain and wind. Felt quite ill on getting home. did some 1 min hill sprints too which were a mistake.
 lost1977 10 Nov 2013
In reply to SARS:

> Dumbell shoulder press
> Ab workout "side to side slam with medicine ball" x100
> Dumbell bench press
> Crunches x100
> Cable cross over
> Bicep curl
> Barbell/dumbell raise
>

DB press switch to arnold presses as better for overall shoulder health
no problem with the abworkout although woodchoppers are a nice alternative
db bench are great just make sure you get a decent back arch and shoulder blades driven right back on the neg.
crunches ok but balance with 45 degree hypers and reverse hypers (if available).

the other seem ok

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...