UKC

High frequency low volume Max hangs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sabulhawa 04 Jun 2023

I'm thinking about doing high frequency low volume strength training. My idea is to do a small warm-up in the morning followed by two Max hangs take a day off and then repeat. I can't seem to find any content on low volume high frequency strength training? Do you think it is possible to do day on day off strength training if you keep the volume low or am I going to get injured? I've been climbing for 15 years and I'm relatively well trained been fingerboarding for at least eight years....

P.s. the reason why I want to do this is because I feel like the first few hangs are the highest quality and it also aligns with my schedule as I don't have much time to do long fingerboarding sessions.

Fishmate 04 Jun 2023
In reply to Sabulhawa:

What are you aiming to achieve, specifically? I.e. Why have you chosen this method? What is your exact protocol? With respect, your info is a bit vague at present.

MelvinWaggg 04 Jun 2023
In reply to Sabulhawa:

You will either not stimulate the muscles / tendons / pulleys / nervous system / whatever enough to trigger strength gains, or you will accumulate fatigue faster than you recover and suffer the consequences.

At your advanced training age you are right to consider mixing up training protocols to keep making progress in finger strength. But don't forget the principals; train hard enough to stimulate growth, recover well enough to grow. 

Your first two hangs feel higher quality because you are stronger at the start of a workout than at the end (as you know). But the gains are not made in the early sets, they are made in the later sets. 

Luke01 04 Jun 2023
In reply to Sabulhawa:

If I was going to warm up and do 2 max hangs, I'd be doing that at much higher frequency, like 3 days on before a rest day, maybe even twice in a day.  Unless you're doing it on top of other climbing or training. I mean, it's not going to take 2 days to recover from 16 seconds hang time. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...