UKC

Hitler's dog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tricadam 02 Oct 2018

Yeah I know, it sounds like something out of Brett Kavanaugh's yearbook, but this exercise from TFTNA is an interesting one. I think I must be doing it wrong because it feels too easy. Any tips? 

alx 02 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

Because climbing naturally trains the    stability pattern of opposite arm to leg, as does walking. Try doing it with the leg and arm on the same side.

slab_happy 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

Check to see if you're keeping your hips level.

With the "bird-dog" version, I've found it's easy to cheat it unconsciously by lifting the hip of the raised leg and tipping your weight onto the other side, which drastically reduces the amount of work your core has to do to stabilize.

I'm guessing it'd be even easier to cheat without noticing if you're trying to circle the leg to the side as well.

timparkin 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

I was looking at an interesting variation the other day where you attach a theraband to a wall in front of you (at roughly floor level) and when you 'point', you then have to pull the theraband as far back as you can (like a deep lock off). 

full stottie 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

I was lured into this thread under false pretences, thinking it was some new revelation about Hitler's dog. Now I know something I didn't know before.

But to make a link........

Did you know that Hitler's last dog was called Blondi? It also allegedly suffered from Meteorism (uncontrollable farting). This, co-incidentally, is a training aid I have witnessed at the bouldering wall.

krikoman 03 Oct 2018
In reply to full stottie:

Both his dogs were called Blondi

ianstevens 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

Same. I tend to skip it as it feels like a waste of time.

Trangia 03 Oct 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> Both his dogs were called Blondi

Did you know that Hitler killed Blondi by giving it a cyanide pill to make certain it worked before giving one to Eva Braun  and shooting himself?

full stottie 03 Oct 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> Both his dogs were called Blondi

Well he had several, one called Muckl and two called Blonda, all of them German Shepherds.

In't t'internet wonderful?

Dave

nufkin 03 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

Getting your leg higher when bringing it back through, perhaps. Isn't there something to this effect in the description?

Removed User 04 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

This thread is a bit like four people sitting around a table with the two diagonally opposite parties holding completely separate conversations

OP Tricadam 04 Oct 2018
In reply to Removed User:

That was what I'd been hoping for. 

timparkin 04 Oct 2018

> Did you know that Hitler's last dog was called Blondi? It also allegedly suffered from Meteorism (uncontrollable farting). This, co-incidentally, is a training aid I have witnessed at the bouldering wall.

Uncontrollable farting as training aid?

wercat 04 Oct 2018
In reply to alx:

> . Try doing it with the leg and arm on the same side.

This is something some people do quite easily when being taught to march - once established it is amazing how persistent it can be, as well as embarassing for the individual concerned.   Very funny to see though, particularly as it gets worse when a sarky NCO makes rude comments

full stottie 04 Oct 2018
In reply to timparkin:

> Uncontrollable farting as training aid?

a) it keeps people away from the problems you want to try

b) works wonders on sitting starts

krikoman 04 Oct 2018

> Did you know that Hitler's last dog was called Blondi? It also allegedly suffered from Meteorism (uncontrollable farting). This, co-incidentally, is a training aid I have witnessed at the bouldering wall.

I like to call Meteorism,  Tympanites it sound much more human

A combination of which is where we get the word meteorites from *

* I may have just made this up

Post edited at 10:21
 FactorXXX 04 Oct 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> I like to call Meteorism,  Tympanites it sound much more human

Is it any coincidence that a loud, obnoxious fart is known as a Trump?

Timmd 04 Oct 2018
In reply to nufkin:

> Getting your leg higher when bringing it back through, perhaps. Isn't there something to this effect in the description?

Did you know that during leaving their scent. smaller dogs cock their legs as high as possible, to make it seem like they're bigger dogs than they really are?

Perhaps this will combine the two conversations...  

Post edited at 20:53
Removed User 05 Oct 2018
In reply to Timmd:

Seems more likely to expose the fact that they are smaller

OP Tricadam 05 Oct 2018
In reply to alx:

> Try doing it with the leg and arm on the same side.

Nice. 

Neil Pratt 06 Oct 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

If using a theraband doesn’t help, perhaps experiment with a theremin?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...