UKC

Home board construction help needed any contacts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davidmoy 02 Oct 2020

Hi all,

I am looking to build a home board in a small cellar space in a converted pub. My Dad is a carpenter and is willing to help but I think it maybe prudent to get some advice or help from someone who has made one of two of these as most people seem to comment how they would have made it differently second time round. I want to get the most out of the space I have to use whilst building something practical to train on.

In terms of the space it's not a massive ceiling height 220cm and have about 300cm width. I have seen that in previous threads people recommended Paul at crusher holds has built one for customers so I have got in contact with him. However I am based in London and he is based in the North West. Could anyone recommend someone that maybe able to assist in this construction obviously for a fee.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is most appreciated,

David 

JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 02 Oct 2020
In reply to davidmoy:

I think home walls, much like self build camper conversions, are one of those things where you will always realise soemthing you could have done differently that would have made it better for you personally, and then the next time, when you make that change, you'll only end up finding a new thing that you feel lile you "should" have done.

Climber_Bill 02 Oct 2020
In reply to davidmoy:

The height and width available are perfectly adequate for a home woodie. Mine is freestanding and about the same size with a 30 degree overhanging board and a 20cm kicker board.

Building one is not difficult. I built mine over a couple of weekends after spending quite a bit of time looking at lots online and planning it on paper.

Send me an email via my profile and I will send you some pics of mine during the build process.

As others have said, you will probably want to change it at some stage. Also, the satisfaction of building it yourself is really great.

I actually built mine for my son, as I preferred to train at local walls. However, with lockdown and Covid, it's been an amazing resource.

TJB.

stuartholmes 02 Oct 2020
In reply to davidmoy:

Are you building in London or North West?

OP davidmoy 05 Oct 2020
In reply to davidmoy:

Building in London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...