UKC

How full is my wall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dobbin 27 Jul 2020

Want to go to the wall in sheffield and see which you can get into? 

http://sheffield.howfullismywall.info/

deacondeacon 27 Jul 2020
In reply to dobbin:

That is brilliant! It's going on the front page of my phone 

thepodge 27 Jul 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Brilliant work though could we have consistency of format?

OP dobbin 27 Jul 2020
In reply to thepodge:

good shout, i think the walls can choose to represent it however and i have just pinched what they did - i will see if there is a way i can unpick it and make it consistent

would similar for manchester and leeds be useful? 

thepodge 27 Jul 2020
In reply to dobbin:

I didn't realise you'd compiled their info till I looked closer, still a good effort and really handy though if you could unpick it for some better graphical info that would vastly improve it. 

Also, someone needs to tell them that their clocks are all to whack or their counters are pointless... Depot says it was last updated at 6.45am and Works was at 11.12am so are these real representations or many hours old?

In reply to thepodge:

Most of the walls haven't changed the time zone from whatever RockGymPro defaults to.

Ian Patterson 27 Jul 2020
In reply to thepodge:

> Also, someone needs to tell them that their clocks are all to whack or their counters are pointless... Depot says it was last updated at 6.45am and Works was at 11.12am so are these real representations or many hours old?

Don't know about the works but pretty sure the Depot data is real time , just clock is 7 hours out!  The clock on the Manchester Depot is correct. 

And nice work Dobbin.

Steve Clegg 27 Jul 2020
In reply to dobbin:

The foundry doesnt have a counter, but you can bet Keith Sharples is there

Brilliant!!

JoshShaw 27 Jul 2020
In reply to dobbin:

RE: Leeds and Manchester - Yes please!! Nice work!

In reply to thepodge:

Sorry, no can do. If we use the Rock Gym Pro counter then we can't seperate main Works from Mini Works which are working on different systems - Mini is booked slots, main is first come first served.

So our counter doesn't include Mini Works or Unit E.

Anyway dobbin what about the School or the Matrix or setting up a secret webcam at the Foundry.

Post edited at 19:47
In reply to Ian Patterson:

The Depot's clock was 7 hours off the other day so presumably still on Oregon time but now all 3 walls are showing the same.

OP dobbin 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Good point re mini and unit e - I’ll put a strap line on to suggest as much. I dunno what bens plans are for the school, can’t fit many in surely

Jenny C 28 Jul 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Thankyou, good to have that info all in one place.

Glad The Foundry have now added a counter, can't wait to see what the new wall looks like. 

neuromancer 28 Jul 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Would you be able to add harrogate to the leeds one?

OP dobbin 03 Aug 2020
OP dobbin 05 Aug 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Added loads of other areas, tidied layout and so on up. Still to do, collecting data into single format, timeseries 

thepodge 06 Aug 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Your quarter page advert on the desktop version obscures the last entry on each page. 

In reply to dobbin:

Ok, further to direct emails, I've put my efforts up here https://github.com/Dmbneitahsd/pywalls
I've nowhere to host it so I've tried to write it to be as simple as possible to steal bits here and there and paste into what you have. Then I went down a bit of a rabbit hole with the google charts stuff.

Currently it just makes a proof of concept html file, but it works.

In reply to dobbin:

Also had a crack at translating to PHP so it can go on a crappy free hosting service. Might not last long...

http://dimbit.epizy.com/phpwalls.php

obi-wan nick b 12 Aug 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Excellent info but one question - the capacity figure in each case (eg at random Manchester cc is 116) 

Is this it’s pre-Covid figure or is this the safe number allowed in now? 

Oceanrower 12 Aug 2020
In reply to obi-wan nick b:

It's based on ABC guidelines which is 9 square metres per customer.

petecoop 12 Aug 2020

Oh wow I'm not the only person that's been tinkering. I built one for Depot gyms to simplify it a bit for me and mates https://depot.codetrail.uk

In reply to petecoop:

I've just pushed a few new features to http://ukwalls.epizy.com/ that may or may not work. 

It's getting a bit clunky now though. I like your approach. Might do some tidying.

Cobra_Head 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> I've just pushed a few new features to http://ukwalls.epizy.com/ that may or may not work. 

> It's getting a bit clunky now though. I like your approach. Might do some tidying.

I like yours, it gives a bit more info, shows how poorly attended most walls are approx. 50% of max. capacity, must be hard times for them.

In reply to Cobra_Head: 

And how little sleep boulderers are getting in That London

petecoop 13 Aug 2020

Thanks, I like the detail on yours too though. I just wanted something really simple and nice to use on a mobile with the aim of mainly 1 gym at a time, I've also go all the historical data stored but decided not to bother showing a graph - but just displaying how many people were there an hour ago so you can see if it's getting busier or not

OP dobbin 13 Aug 2020
In reply to petecoop:

This is well good! Good effort! 

OP dobbin 13 Aug 2020

Good work dude! 

Arms Cliff 14 Aug 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> I like yours, it gives a bit more info, shows how poorly attended most walls are approx. 50% of max. capacity, must be hard times for them.

It is the middle of summer and the weather had been rather good. 

Sean Kelly 14 Aug 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Very good if your local wall is included  which mine isn't!

Alkis 14 Aug 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

It has really been too hot to even contemplate going to my local.

Cobra_Head 14 Aug 2020
In reply to Arms Cliff:

> It is the middle of summer and the weather had been rather good. 

we climbing in the evening during the week, since we need to travel 2.5 hours to reach anywhere even half decent, going outside after work isn't really an option.

Besides, I'm comparing this year with last year, we had good weather then too.

Cobra_Head 14 Aug 2020
In reply to Alkis:

> It has really been too hot to even contemplate going to my local.

It was like climbing in a sauna, earlier this week!

All good training for Spain though

yeti 14 Aug 2020
In reply to dobbin:

surely an auto ban for someone disliking this on a climbing forum

or were they expecting a finished and polished product, like even microsoft can't do

: )

OP dobbin 14 Aug 2020
In reply to Sean Kelly:

which is your local wall and does it have a counter? send links, i will include! 

Cobra_Head 14 Aug 2020
In reply to dobbin:

Northampton, Pinnacle

In reply to Cobra_Head:

Just added Oakwood and Pinnacle to http://ukwalls.epizy.com and done some more fiddling.
I did trawl the UKC wall directory and thought I'd got them all but are there any more I've missed?

Oceanrower 14 Aug 2020

The 3 Spider Climbing ones? White, Red and Green.

In reply to Oceanrower:

They were on there but stopped working yesterday. Will keep an eye on it. 

So are we (The Works) the only wall using the Vertical Life counter?

In reply to Graeme Alderson:

I want to say I found one other but I forget who it was now and can't find it again... so... yes!

(While I'm here: just added "The Climbing Lab" and made a filter by town thing)

Rather than hijack this thread any more I should probably start a new one (Sorry Ben!). On it now...

We couldn't run the booking system for the Mini Works and a max occupancy at the main Works on RGP without buying another subscription so use RGP for booking at the Mini and the (free) VL occupancy counter at the main Works. And Unit E is done manually

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...