UKC

How should you structure regular training?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Will Hempstead 21 Apr 2020

I've never been too into training but since this has kicked off I've made myself a fingerboard and a basic drytooling circuit. I'm currently doing a session on the fingerboard (max hangs/repeaters) every other day, and a pull up set / drytooling on the alternating days. This means about half an hour of some kind of training per day.

But would it be more effective to roll them into an hour every other day and have rest days?? I have absolutly no idea about this sort of thing but have heard rest days are good...who knows. Cheers for any thoughts! 

UKB Shark 21 Apr 2020
In reply to Will Hempstead:

Couple of pointers:

- Do the most intense (or thing you want to improve at the most) session when freshest 

- As you become more accustomed to the sessions start to do double sessions separated by 4+ hours on the same day and then a rest day

- As you become accustomed to that introduce different training sessions working towards two days on / one day off

- Have an easier recovery week once a month and then ramp up again

- As a rule of thumb power and strength sessions are short and intense and you need to be fresh for them and allow more recovery time than endurance which are longer but take less recovery time

HTH

Post edited at 15:09
 Webster 21 Apr 2020
In reply to Will Hempstead:

definitely take complete rest days, but make them fairly random, not every sunday fro example. given that we are all stuck in doing bugger all most of the time, it will be better for your psyc and motivation as much as anything else to vary what you are doing and when, dont just repeat the same cycles of sessions. its also good physiologically to mix things up as your body responds more to change than repetition. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...