/ La flaine (french ski resort) wall

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Johnlenham 02 Dec 2019

Hey!

So I found out about this indoorwall while googling if you can do organized ice climbing trips (only own sport gear!)as we are there for a ski trip in march.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been or has any info? There's literally one photo on the website of someone top roping but looking down at the floor view of them.

Didn't want to pack my rope etc etc if it's not worth the bother.

Sean_J 02 Dec 2019
In reply to Johnlenham:

Why would anyone want to go to an indoor wall when you've got a whole mountain range to go skiing on?

Johnlenham 03 Dec 2019
In reply to Sean_J:

Cant do much skiing in the dark or if the slopes are closed or if its a white out or its horrendous weather etc etc. 

I also just like climbing at new places tbh

galpinos 03 Dec 2019
In reply to Johnlenham:

My info is pretty out of date but assuming it is the wall in the auditorium in Flaine Foret it's a pretty basic short old school wall and an small bouldering board with adjustable angle. It is not worth taking your kit for.

The Grand Massif ski area is great, with a really good snow record. You'll be skiing everyday!

Johnlenham 16:33 Thu
In reply to galpinos:

Yeah that sounds about it. Ill settle for swimming and booze in the evening then aha

Sean_J 18:25 Thu
In reply to Johnlenham:

If you can bring yourself to go to the indoor wall when it's dark then you've not tried hard enough when skiing during the day have you? :p

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.