UKC

let save crystal palace climbing wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Here we go again, let try to save that one.
any suggestion on how to prepare ourself
the wall is safe to climb
enough monthly customer to pay the bill
local climber love it
children too
climbing wall history
very low accident case
provide activity for group
etc etc..
nothing wrong with it, just at the wrong place now. GLL leased the building to someone, and they dont want the climbing wall there.
Its just the start of the story
any sugestion?
brixton climber
timO 26 Jun 2008
In reply to brixton climber:

pascal I can't believe it - first brixton and now this - what's going on! Get the local MP involved - write to Boris J, and we'll come down and chain ourselves to the wall - seriously get meetings with the head of the centre, the leader of the council and get local councillers on board. You can't lose Xstal Palace as well as Bxton!!!
tim
Hotbad Peteel 26 Jun 2008
In reply to timO:

what next???? the araldited on stones in sankey leisure centre!!!! ITs a full on council led onslaught! Shall we riot?
p
 lost1977 26 Jun 2008

but at least there will be a new bouldering wall in sutton (about 10 mins walk from my house)
In reply to timO:
> (In reply to brixton climber)
>
> pascal I can't believe it - first brixton and now this - what's going on! Get the local MP involved - write to Boris J, and we'll come down and chain ourselves to the wall - seriously get meetings with the head of the centre, the leader of the council and get local councillers on board. You can't lose Xstal Palace as well as Bxton!!!
> tim
dear tim
i will contact bromley council.
any help more than welcome especaily if you could draft me an formal letter[im not very good at it]
thank again, i will get a list of councillers
brixton climber
timO 02 Jul 2008

P - you get the list of council officails and elected members and I'll do the letter. No problem. I'll find out the local MPs too...let's get this sorted
tim
sarah1975 02 Jul 2008

i didn't even know they had one!
In reply to timO:
dear tim.
i try to get info about the grant allowed for the new climbing wall, and also the plan, its pretty hard to get info, and GLL not very helpful.
brixton climber
mr nicky 08 Jul 2008
In reply to brixton climber: Write to Boris Johnson and Tessa Jowell.
Earl Tyrconnell-Smythe 08 Jul 2008

get the media on side

cause a fuss

climb to the top, hand cuff yourself to some of the bolts then strip off

will take me ages to ge tyou down and you can get the story and cause in the local rag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...