UKC

Let's climb in your room

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Zweetprot 09 Apr 2019

There is a new climbing game coming for pc in virtual reality. It is called With Loneliness. It is an unique way to keep training your climbing skills. Oh, and watch out for falling rocks.

Here is a gameplay video:  youtube.com/watch?v=Fx2omi6imI4&

Oceanrower 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Zweetprot:

Well, I lasted about a minute and a half before I got bored. Anyone do any better?

McHeath 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Zweetprot:

>  It is an unique way to keep training your climbing skills. 

Sure, and Super Mario was a unique way to increase your running fitness.

That's both badly made and amazingly boring, good luck with it.

In reply to Zweetprot:

It's crap for developing footwork!

Edit:
Actually, it's crap, full stop.

Post edited at 09:11
 girlymonkey 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Zweetprot:

With loneliness? Sounds wonderful! Lonely climbing in my room is exactly what i got into climbing for! None of this fresh air and good company for me!

wilkie14c 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

Weather looked dodgy to me so went biking instead 

Kieran_John 11 Apr 2019
In reply to Zweetprot:

I can't imagine this training climbing at all, but I'm a big fan of VR and (quite obviously) a big fan of climbing.

VR games are pretty hard to sell without actually trying them - they frequently look dull and boring whereas chucking on the headset and playing them yourself can be a different thing entirely.

There are a few climbing VR games, the biggest budget probably being "The Climb":

youtube.com/watch?v=aAUx5K5tVYU&

Is it going to help your climbing? No.
Is it going to be any kind of replacement for getting out climbing? No.
Is it pretty fun all the same? Yep! 

That said, it genuinely does give you a BIT of that feeling of exposure when you look down and all you can see is air. 

The game posted doesn't look as high budget or polished as The Climb, but I imagine it could still be pretty fun. I can also imagine it appealing to climbers much in the same way I guess people that like footy play FIFA, so thanks for posting it op - I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks when it's out.

As an aside, VR can genuinely give a pretty decent work-out. Perhaps not in ways overly beneficial for climbing but after a couple of rounds of Beat Saber, or 30 minutes playing BoxVR I'm a sweaty mess.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...