UKC

London Walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
caver 31 Jul 2020

Have you visited any of the London Walls this week. what's it been like?

seankenny 31 Jul 2020
In reply to caver:

Acton Arch last Sunday evening. Very quiet. Everyone being pretty careful, tho there were only about five of us.

In reply to caver:

I went to White Spider on Thursday night and it was good. They have a counter so you can see if it will be busy in advance. It was not at capacity when we went, maybe 50 people?

There was plenty of space and finding an area away from other climbers was no problem. Some of the auto belay routes have been removed, and the remaining ones are spaced out. 

There were quite a few new routes. The staff were regularly cleaning surfaces and the new measures put in place were not intrusive. Plenty of hand gel around the place which people were using; it did not leave any slimy residue so didn't affect the climbing. Every one was very friendly.

Glad to be back!

Post edited at 18:23
 Šljiva 31 Jul 2020
In reply to richard_hopkins:

Ravenswall this morning, about 5 people there!  Lots of cleaning, sanitiser etc, felt fine, which is more than can be said for me after a mere hour :s 

Post edited at 20:24
 SimonCRMC 01 Aug 2020
In reply to caver:

Went to the Castle last Saturday. Very well organised and pleasantly quiet(!). Thought they'd done a great job in safe reopening.

rjwlkr 01 Aug 2020
In reply to caver:

I was also at castle, leading, last weekend, and at vauxeast a couple of evenings in the week. 

Castle was very quiet and pleasant, I think it helps that they've split into lead/top/auto/bouldering spots. They're restricting numbers or area too, which works quite well.

VauxEast was good too. It felt busier, but I think mostly because people weren't climbing the comp set in the middle as much as the rest. There was no problem finding space if you wanted it though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...