UKC

Manchester Depot vs Rock Over?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RJP 28 Jun 2018

Hi

Because of the fantastically "interlinked" transport network in Manchester and the dire driving conditions, it takes me far too long to get from the Arndale NCP to The Depot to consider using it.  Or so my experience has been thus far going that way across the city.  Rock Over is supposedly circa 15 min walk away from the office, being on the other side of the Arndale and Victoria Station.

How does Rock Over compare?  Is it any good?

I commute from the far north east of Manchester (almost into Saddleworth), with typical office hours and finding that I can get back to home quicker than across the city centre!

Thoughts and opinions of Rock Over / Alternatives welcome.

Thanks.

Kettledrum 28 Jun 2018

Brilliant centre.  Plenty to climb on at all grades with a good range of angles.  The GB hub facility has World Cup style boulders for serious comp climbers.  Tom the manager is a fab guy, very knowledgeable and will point you at the best climbing in your grade range. 

zv 28 Jun 2018
In reply to RJP:

Rockover is a fantastic training facility, it's got everything you need for a good training session. 

Excellent route setting, the competition wall is very good. If you fancy some power endurance training on the autobelay as well there are some excellent short routes.

There's a moonboard upstairs and a good woodie. We're spoiled for choice for excellent places to train in Mancehster!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...