UKC

New climbing wall in Surbiton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Grumps 28 Sep 2012
I posted a message similar to this yesterday but have realised the title I used may not have caught the attention people who might be interested.
I have visited Whitespider Climbing, the new wall in Surbiton three times.
It is great. Loads of lead and top roping climbs, bouldering and a very challenging roof. Fairly quiet at the moment but even when it gets crowded, which I`m sure it will, there is loads of space. Friendly staff and an airey spacious feel. I`m not connected to the wall, except as an enthusiastic user, but think the team who have created it deserve recognition and support to see it succeed
 cuppatea 29 Sep 2012
In reply to Grumps:

Looks grand! I might have a look next time I'm down that way
 nniff 29 Sep 2012
In reply to Grumps:
It is good, but it's in Chessington rather than Surbiton - Surbiton's on the other side of the A3
 cuppatea 29 Sep 2012
In reply to Grumps:

And both sound more alluring than "Tolworth"

BGG 29 Sep 2012
It's good. Reminds me a bit of The Reach for anyone who's been there.

Only bouldered today - well set routes though grading is on the tough side compared to say The Arch or Mile End.
 Oceanrower 30 Sep 2012
In reply to BGG:
> It's good. Reminds me a bit of The Reach for anyone who's been there.
>
> That's hardly surprising. Both were designed and built by Crispin Waddy of LivingStone.
 BGG 30 Sep 2012
In reply to Oceanrower: didn't know that but makes sense. Also the locations are sort of similar.
Ardverikie 30 Sep 2012
In reply to BGG:

Inevitable question from me I'm afraid. Is it decently ventilated?
In reply to Ardverikie:
Well it's in a massive industrial unit and the routes aren't crammed in so tight that you're tripping over each other so there is breathing space. I guess the roller doors could be opened if the weather permitted. It's been fine so far, but time will tell.

Ardverikie 30 Sep 2012
In reply to richard_hopkins:

Thanks you've saved me a trip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...