UKC

Opinions on FAI (Femoroacetabular Impingement)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 03 Apr 2018

I've been reading a few forum posts about impingement in climbers and have found a number of posters who have sought surgery after physio failed them. I've been suffering with FAI for about a year, and have had several different physios prescribe various exercises and stretches to alleviate the problem. Sadly, none of these have worked. 

I have not had an MRI to confirm FAI though 2 physiotherapists have been confident after physical examinations that this is the problem. 

If there are any climbers reading this that may have had the same issue (or have the same issue) then please post a reply detailing your experience. Any opinions or information regarding recovery from FAI surgery, or other methods, would be highly appreciated. 

Much love 

In reply to Removed UserCaptainMediocre:

Definitely try to get an MRI to confirm. I was diagnosed by my physio and GP with FAI, FMRI ruled it out and I got a referral to a young hip surgeon (sadly not a young, hip, surgeon!) I'm now recovering after they removed an osteochondroma (sort of benign bony tumour) from my lesser trochanter.

Basically it's better to know for sure what you're dealing with, an MRI doesn't take too long, but getting the iron injection straight into the joint sucks.

Removed User 03 Apr 2018
In reply to willweatherburn:

Thanks for the reply, man. I'll get a referral sorted and take it from there. Hope you're recovery is going well. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...