UKC

Pimp up my board

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 21 Sep 2021

I built this about 13 years ago then drifted out of rock climbing. I've drifted back in and after a summer of generally getting back into it I've decided to have a winter of some structured training. The old board really never was that good so I've decided to refresh it a bit.

What should I do with it and where should I look for training advice?

Would fitting some wider more modern rungs do the trick? And if so, what to get and how to space them? That's certainly the cheap and easy option as I don't really have room to expand.

Cheers

OP DaveHK 21 Sep 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

The whole thing is about 600mm wide and 1220mm high.

Post edited at 18:48
 McHeath 21 Sep 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

Looks pretty versatile, but better suited to campusing than wider spaced symmetrical deadhangs, which tend to be the meat of most fingerboard training programmes. So I'd keep this one and build another, really simple: 80-100cm wide with just two horizontal strips of 30mm and 20mm depth going the whole width. You can use small mobile blocks of wood which you simply place when required on the 30mm strip to reduce its depth to 18mm, 15mm, whatever you can hold on to. Also add maybe a 40mm deep strip with slopers of various degrees cut/rasped/sanded into it; I found that doing pull-up sessions on slopers rather than using a bar was very effective.

PS just noticed that you don't have room to expand, so maybe just replace the 2nd and 3rd lowest strips with 20mm and 30mm going the whole width of the board, and put the 40mm/sloper rung right at the bottom? 

Post edited at 20:41
 Paul Crusher R 21 Sep 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

Ouch!... those rungs look pretty painful.

600mm wide... you could fit some of these..?!

https://crusherholds.co.uk/product/crusher-campus-rungs-extrawide/ 

misterb 23 Sep 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

Are you using this with feet or just as a campus board? If you have a foot board then I would just bang as many different depth and angled rungs in as you can fit then you can ladder up and down to work on the power endurance

OP DaveHK 23 Sep 2021
In reply to misterb:

I have foot board too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...