UKC

/ Plans for new wall in North London?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L slawosz - on 12 Sep 2018

Hi,

just wondering if there are any plans for new bouldering/climbing wall in North London, ideally near Northenline High Barnet branch.
Also, I wonder if from commercial point of view it would make sense to make smaller wall, not that awesome as the ones recently developed, but it would suit well to people who live nearby. So I think, that few smaller places, would help those, who like me, have quite busy job and family life. In case of failure, they could be moved to some better place. Here is a photo:

http://wspinanie.pl/serwis/201105/09bloco1-d.jpg

It used to be first 'real' bouldering place in Warsaw. As you can see, its not that big and these boulders were moved around when lease of first location expired. 

So what is your opinion on it? Or I should simply wait for Tokyo 2020 after which every gym in London will have at least moon wall due climbing getting to mainstream ;)?? Or maybe I should encourage local gym to get Moon wall?

andyr - on 12 Sep 2018
In reply to slawosz:

There are currently three separate projects looking at buildings in the Barnet area between the North Circular and M25. So at least one should get off the ground.

jasonpather - on 13 Sep 2018
In reply to andyr:

Any more info on these? can't find anything. 

L slawosz - on 13 Sep 2018
In reply to andyr:

Wow, that sound amazing! There is not that much 'industrial' objects in this area, as lots of them had been turned into shiny flats, but hope you will find something reasonable. 

benp1 - on 14 Sep 2018
In reply to slawosz:

Also interested to know a bit more, it's my home turf

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.