UKC

Rate (or roast) our climbing walls!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My favourite YouTube channel is ‘Rate or Roast my Rig’ where people send in pics of their guitars, amps and pedalboards for rating and/or roasting by the host and other viewers.

so here’s a chance to reply with posts with pics of your home wall/fingerboard/doorframe edge, or your favourite bit of a wall you go to that you really like. Then everyone can rate/roast or good humoured troll submissions.

I’ll put mine up first, roast away! My home wall in the garage….

plyometrics 23 Apr 2022
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Very nice indeed. Hope it’s a new set up though, as it doesn’t look like it’s getting much use… 😉

In reply to plyometrics:

> Very nice indeed. Hope it’s a new set up though, as it doesn’t look like it’s getting much use… 😉

There you go….start with praise, then finish with a barbed roast! 

Yes, it got completely reset and repainted(not in that order) only a couple of weeks ago.

cheers Paul

Iamgregp 23 Apr 2022

Not too shabby that is it!?  You've got so much going on here I nearly didn't clock the BM1000 & 2000 at the top of the last shot.

There's nothing I can really roast here, pretty much a dream setup.  

I'd post a picture of my setup, but I can't post pictures.  Imagine a BM1000 on the stairs as you go downstairs.  There you go, that my setup!

In reply to Iamgregp:

> Not too shabby that is it!?  You've got so much going on here I nearly didn't clock the BM1000 & 2000 at the top of the last shot.

> There's nothing I can really roast here, pretty much a dream setup.  

> I'd post a picture of my setup, but I can't post pictures.  Imagine a BM1000 on the stairs as you go downstairs.  There you go, that my setup!

BM1000 on the stairs, simple and effective. No frills and we’ve got to love that. Knock off a dead hang set on the way back from the bathroom. Even without a photo it gets 4/5

Iamgregp 23 Apr 2022

Thanks Paul! That’s very kind of you! 

We do have a (very small) garage so I’d love to do something like you have in there, but it’s out first house and quite small, so if another child arrives I think we’d need to move…

And given we live in London it’s likely to be to a house without a garage! 🤷‍♂️

Arms Cliff 23 Apr 2022

Nice! What angle is your main woody, 30?

In reply to Arms Cliff:

Hiya, it was meant to be 30, but it actually turned out at 32. My bad! I used to have boards at 45, but as I turned 62 the other week 30 is ok and better for my finger joints. How about yours?

Paddy_nolan 23 Apr 2022

Get on Paul. Looks mega 

Arms Cliff 23 Apr 2022

nice good angle and appropriate for a lot of UK stuff for sure! 

Garage is only about 2.3m high (and sloping down at one end from there) and full of stuff, so I just have a beam suspended between the 2 walls with a 1K, 2K, micros and some various other holds. Lockdown addition was some other attachments further along the roof to allow some non traverse campussing!

Wainers44 24 Apr 2022

Hmm, its OK, but must be a bit cramped when the car is parked in there?

In reply to Wainers44:

> Hmm, its OK, but must be a bit cramped when the car is parked in there?

Yep, I didn’t think that through. I got rid of the up and over door and now only a push bike fits through the door.

Wainers44 24 Apr 2022

> Yep, I didn’t think that through. I got rid of the up and over door and now only a push bike fits through the door.

Yes see your problem.  Bikes are much more painful to fall onto than cars....

Nice wall BTW!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...