UKC

Recommend me a coach: Yorkshire/North East

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ianstevens 03 Apr 2021

Hi all, as per the title I’m after recommendations for a coach in Yorkshire (ideally the northern half but happy to travel a bit if necessary) or the North East of England. What I’m looking for is someone who can take me on a 1-1 session, and assess how I actually climb and give me some points for improvement I can take away and work on in my own time. I’m pretty happy with the physical aspect of training but would like a little support with the movement side of things. Focus on bouldering - and for context I’ve probably got up c. 30 outdoor 7As in the past year, not particularly quickly. Looking to improve the rate at which I can do them (i.e. would be nice to get down to <10 goes rather than 1-2 sessions), and push on a bit into 7B this summer. 

So... any recommendations for someone who does this sort of thing in my vague area? Ideally after personal experiences rather than google results. Appreciate I’d need to wait a bit as walls reopen too.

John Kettle 03 Apr 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

I can recommend Andy Swann of Climb for Life, and Suzan Dudink at Climb Newcastle.

Both are great coaches and excellent boulderers (if that matters).

OP ianstevens 03 Apr 2021
In reply to John Kettle:

Lovely, thanks! 

Myfyr Tomos 03 Apr 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

These are pretty good.

jezb1 03 Apr 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

Second the shout for Andy Swann, legend.

OP ianstevens 04 Apr 2021
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

I mean not weighing the same as one of those might also help my abilities 😂 

In reply to ianstevens:

Another vote for Suz Dudink - a firm favourite we book to coach movement at the Women’s Climbing Symposium every year and always top rated. Her coaching is called Upgrade Climbing: http://www.upgradeclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...