UKC

Refrigerated fingerboards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JLS 16 Jan 2018

Problem: Too warm to fingerboard at home and Mrs wont let you turn the heating off.

Solution: Refrigerated fingerboards!

I'm looking for "angel" backers to invest wads of cash in my new company Chilli Boards. I aim to produce and market the worlds first refrigerated fingerboards.  These will offer their owners consistently sticky conditions for their workouts regardless of ambient temperatures.

So, who of you are in?

Alternative, if you feel reluctant/unable to invest but have a good science degree, answer me this... Would it be possible to pre-session chill your Beastmaker in the freezer for a good while and expect it to remain cold for 2 hours while you do your session at room temperature? I'm thinking that because the thermal conductivity of wood is relatively low, there might be a chance it'll be slow to warm up. What ya think?

Dandan 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

Someone was talking about this on a Training Beta podcast, (it may have been an Anderson brother), I think his opinion was that yes, leaving it in the freezer for a few hours before hand is beneficial.

Jon Greengrass 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

cool, if you get it cold enough your fingers will just freeze to the holds.

jon 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

Confusing. Chilli is usually hot. Drop the i.

OP JLS 16 Jan 2018
In reply to Dandan:

Damn! Did he patent the idea?

OP JLS 16 Jan 2018
In reply to jon:

>"Confusing. Chilli is usually hot. Drop the i."

It's marketing bud. Everything needs an "i" these days, iPad, iPlayer, etc,etc. I've just put my "i" at the end to be a bit different in a sort of doubly ironic way...

Post edited at 16:00
 jon 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

iChill. Much better. Trade descriptions and all that.

RX-78 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

just live in an old house and you won't have this to worry about!

Climbthatpitch 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

Cheaper option. Remove the misses

Ciro 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

I wouldn't have thought the relatively short contact time and patch would be enough to counter the heating effect of your house on your sweaty hands. Also, wouldn't it have a tendency to condense vapour from the warmer air around on it's surface?

I suspect a more effective solution would be to keep a bag of lentils in your freezer, and use it to keep your hands cool between hangs?

john arran 16 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

How about an ice-blanket, pre-frozen before your session, that you can drape over your board between hangs to keep it cool?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...