UKC

Stairwell in Birmingham for training with pack?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 29 Dec 2020

Hi

A friend is training for an exped and needs somewhere in the Birmingham area that she can do multiple stairwell laps with a heavy pack. The more floors the better and ideally it’d have a lift descent. Any thoughts? Covid is of course the biggest issue here given most public buildings are restricted at the moment. 

Thanks lots

RM199 29 Dec 2020
In reply to Si Withington:

Can’t help I’m afraid

except to say I work away a lot in hotels and they often fit the bill with good lifts. I found a ten story travelodge in London was ideal training for a previous alps trip

marsbar 29 Dec 2020

In the proper tradition of answering a question you didn't ask, has she considered getting a bus/train to somewhere around Bournville and taking a walk to Frankley Beeches?  Probably a more pleasant option.

Misha 31 Dec 2020

I struggle to think where you’d be able to access that in normal times, never mind now. Plenty of tall office and apartment blocks but obviously not accessible to the public. There are local hills like Lickey Hills and Clent Hills where you can walk up and down as much as you like. Good exercise when I used to MTB, not as good for walking I guess but better than nothing. They might be in T3 through, haven’t checked the map. 

Post edited at 01:51
 elsewhere 31 Dec 2020

Multistorey car parks?

OP Si Withington 31 Dec 2020

Thanks all 👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...