UKC

Technical Help! INSANITY DVDs don't work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Traveller 27 May 2013
Hi all

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but I've decided to do the INSANITY workout and bought the DVDS a few weeks ago (just before a kind soul on here offered me a copy, which I'm now regretting!).

I just can't get the DVDs to work. Sometimes the laptop (PC) thinks they're blank discs, sometimes it just doesn't register them at all, and most often I get an error message talking about some kind of copy protection. On very rare occasions (2 from about 30 tries) the DVDs play, and a couple more times they play with a pixellated screen.

I've followed various bits of advice to download something called a K-Lite Codec Pack from a website called filehippo, and also downloaded VLC Media player. Neither thing worked. Its driving me crazy and I wondered if anyone has any advice or has had this problem? The DVDS aren't rip offs or copies - I bought them from Argos. I quick google shows this isn't a new problem, but I couldn't work out what the solution was.

Thanks!
 Jep_uk 27 May 2013
In reply to Traveller:

Can you not try them in a standalone DVD player? Doss your laptop play other DVDs ok? My laptop sometimes struggles to recognise a blank CD, could be worth updating your drivers.
 Climbthatpitch 27 May 2013
In reply to Traveller: final media player has always played everything for me. Including what media player (with all codec packs) couldn't play

Only drawback is u need to move your mouse before window as goes into sleep mode as final media player allows it, a way around is set your computer to never go into sleep mode (personal I don't like this)

Lee
 Tall Clare 27 May 2013
In reply to Jep_uk:

I'd agree with this - the DVD player in my last laptop was pretty picky but a standalone player plugged into it worked a treat. Very cheap from Amazon, if I remember rightly.
 aldo56 28 May 2013
In reply to Traveller: VLC player plays anything that works. Try that out.
ScottD 28 May 2013
In reply to Traveller: Id agree try VLC it tends to battle through, Region settings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...